Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Victoryjhalli Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Mar 3, 2009, 07:30 PM
    Risks for a company to creating and maintainnig a website
    Hi esperts,

I need a help in risk managemnet process. My company is a IT consulting company and my team is developning a website for it. I have to make a Risk management plan before starting the site. Could you give the suggestions what type of risks are involved in order to devlop a website project and other risks which a company should consider when they want their website.

Best Regards
    victory
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 3, 2009, 07:31 PM

What risks? I don't see any insurmountable risks

Mar 3, 2009, 09:00 PM
    There are some risks like Finace, Data Lost and others in other words what are the factors need to consider when developmin a website

Mar 3, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    What risks? I don't see any insurmountable risks
    There are some risks like Finace, Data Lost and others in other words what are the factors need to consider when developmin a website
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 4, 2009, 08:58 AM

Data loss is a risk with ANY computer system. The answer is to build in redundancy. Finance is a risk with any company investment. So you do an ROI study.

There are many factors involved in developing a website. Hosting, Design functionality, etc. Your web developer can explain these. In my opinion the risk is in NOT having a website because it puts you at a disadvantage.
    zxed Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoryjhalli View Post
    Hi esperts,

I need a help in risk managemnet process. My company is a IT consulting company and my team is developning a website for it. I have to make a Risk mangement plan before starting the site. Could you give the suggestions what type of risks are involved in order to devlop a website project and other risks which a company should consider when they want their website.

Best Regards
    victory
    Break down your website project into tasks/use cases
    Estimate how long each use case / task will take,
    Some are easy, Some are not.

For example. a use case to "allow user to login"... is a low risk task. its 1 hours code, 5 db design/security.

Another example. "calculate web site visitors location and show on google"... you may/may never have done something like that. if you have not. that is high risk, You estimate # of hours you think you might take...

Anyway. on a website project. the highst risk is the ability to complete the project. as things take time. if this is a website project that needs to factor in revenu generation, advert selling space. visitors / month that it's a totally different ball game.

By the way. id be scared to use an it consulting company that wanted to do a risk study for creating its own website...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creating a website. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am fairly new to the internet other than just surfing it and was interested in starting a website. I was wondering if there was anybody out there that could help me in the right direction in creating, hosting and maintaining the site, any info would be much appreciated. Thank you

Creating music website for term project [ 1 Answers ]

Problem Statement You are to implement a relatively simple application for an electronic commerce system. Specifically, you are required to develop an application for selling digitized songs via the Internet. This application consists of a web browser, a web server, an SMTP server, a set of...

Creating forum for website [ 4 Answers ]

, Is there anyone who knows the fundamentals of creating a forum on a webspace... I need the codes and how to go about it very urgently... jst got a web job and was given to create a web forum joint for the website.thanks. -taytopy2k.

Creating a personal website [ 4 Answers ]

I want to have my personal website but I don't have any development skills.. can anyone inform me of a website that can help me building me site quickly and with the least financial cost?

Creating customized pdf's for clients from a website? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a website that customizes a contract for clients to fill out and fax into me. I was just having them print the webpage but I have found that where page 1 ends differs from user to user (and I have an initial section at the bottom of each page). I am trying to find a way to either be able...

View more questions Search