Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahj123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Chi squared query
    Can I plug my own expected frequencies into a chi squared test or do I have to use the model described in text books (i.e. summing rows and columns)?

For example, if the expectation is that the ethnic composition of a workforce should mirror that of the local community, can I use the workforce numbers and census numbers in a chi squared?

If not, which test should I use to test congruence?

Many thanks,

Sarah
    kurtwz Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 03:50 PM

Sarah, not sure about this, but I think you could. I think a chi squared dist is only for used in distribution that exhibit bias, though (right or left biasness in their curves).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ESET and A-squared Free [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe (compatible) to use the same time Eset smart security with A-squared Free? Regards!

Energy equals the speed of light squared? [ 1 Answers ]

Why did Einstein use "c-squared" in his famous equation? I understand energy equals the speed of light squared, but what does the speed of light have to do with it and why square this quantity?

Statistics:likert scale-chi squared test [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help. I'm doing a stats project on job satisfaction at an advertising firm. We did a likert scale questionnaire and have done bargraphs but I'm unsure how to go about doing the chi-squared test and what exactly to do the test on. Do I do it on each question, groups of...

TRigonometry squared because [ 1 Answers ]

How do u get rid of squared because

Do I need anti-oxidant coating for Aluminum service cable into a SquareD panel [ 1 Answers ]

The 1/0 AL cable from the meter comes into the 200A SquareD panel. I just installed this new panel replacing an old Federal pacific panel. The SquareD panel accepts either CU or AL cable. While connecting the AL cable to the main lugs on the panel, do I need any anti-oxidant coating on the cable?...

View more questions Search