Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennilee86 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 06:21 AM
    I need opinions!
    Hello! I am 7days away from my period and I'm having slight cramps, nausea, heartburn, and lower back/abdominal pain, my boobs aren't sore but they feel heavy/swollen, yesterday night my vagina felt sore and swollen/heavy.. I calculated that I ovulated between the 16th and 20th or 16th and 22nd and had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on the 21st (of feb).. so are these just period symptoms or could I be pregnant?? Ps.. im due for my period on the 6th and I've been very regular since stopping the pill 5 months ago..
    angel_cloud1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2009, 06:50 AM

I believe you should go see a doctor and get tested there is a possibility that you are pregnant. Set up an appointment and if you are ask your doctor what you can do to keep the baby healthy. And at all cost aviod abortion because even though you don't think the baby will feel it they will they suffer through the process of abortion. If you have a baby and decide you don't want to or can't keep the baby then have it and put it up for adoption.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 06:54 AM
    It sounds as though you may be having premenstrual symptoms. There is no way to tell if you are or are not pregnant until you get or miss your period.
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

Feb 27, 2009, 06:57 AM

Sounds like period symptoms.

Feb 27, 2009, 07:24 AM

But its weird because they don't feel like period pains and I've been feeling like this since 4 dpo so... I don't kow.. I did have sex when I was ovulating and I'm not on the pill and by the way, I don't believe in abortion , this pregnancy is definitely wanted if I am pregnant:):)... oh and I forgot to mention that I have white creamy discharge as well.. sorry for the info.. :p
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 27, 2009, 07:28 AM
    If you ovulated ON the 21st and had sex ON the 21st, then yes you can be pregnant, however, symptoms such as yours will not show up this quickly as the fertilized egg has hardly had time to implant yet.

If you ovulated on the 16th and had sex on the 21st you are not pregnant as the egg is only viable for up to 24 hours. If you had sex on the 21st and ovulated on the 22nd, then again, you could be pregnant, but the symptoms would not be showing up this early.

Unfortunately you are going to have to wait and see if your period does come. If it does not, wait a few days to a week and test using first morning urine.

Feb 27, 2009, 07:50 AM

Well I meant that I either ovulated on the 20th or 22nd (becasue my cycle is between 28 to 30 days) so when I calculated it gave me those dates... and yea I will wait and see.. ill wait till like thr 7th or 8th even if I'm due the 6th. :s
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 09:31 AM

Keep in mind, the length of your cycle does not guarantee when you might ovulate. The ovulation calendars you find online only give a starting place. Many women will naturally ovulate before or after the dates that are calculated. For someone trying to get pregnant, they could be missing ovulation all together, but just a matter of days.

As J_9 said, there is only a small window of time the egg can be fertilized.
    Hope it turns out how you would like it to.
    davidbrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Hello, my name is emmanuel and a new to this site but I think all those symptoms you are having are all symptoms of pregnancy am sorry to say but take heart

Feb 27, 2009, 10:17 AM

I actually heard that you can get pregnant at ANY time during your cycle so.. there is a possibility.. I don't mind if I'm not but ill be happy if I am.. we wanted to start trying in April anyway :p... ill know for sure next week.. im just impatient about knowuing.. I wish I could know now! :)
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jennilee86 View Post
    i actually heard that you can get pregnant at ANY time during your cycle so..there is a possibilty..i dont mind if im not but ill be happy if i am..we wanted to start trying in april anyways :p ...ill know for sure next week..im just impatient about knowuing..i wish i could know now!! :)

This is true, to a degree. The reason that there is no time that is considered 100% safe for avoiding pregnancy is because some women will not ovulate within what is considered the norm... about 12-16 days before your next period is due. Also, you can occasionally ovulate at a different time from what might be the norm for you. For example, if you normally ovulate around day 14 of your cycle, it can happen where in an off cycle you might happen to ovulate on maybe day 10 or day 18.

You will only be able to get pregnant when you ovulate and the egg is only viable for about 12-24 hours. Some sperm may live a bit longer, but most sperm will live only for a few days in the environment that is present when a woman's body is preparing for ovulation. Sperm will die off fairly quickly at other times of the woman's cycle.

Waiting to find out is hard... :) Fingers crossed for you!

Feb 27, 2009, 03:02 PM

Thanks! Your answers are really helpfull:):) like I said all I can do is wait... my symptoms like nausea and heartburn are more in the morning.. I get some cramps but not much.. at night are more the vaginal swelling and sore type thing with cramps.. not painful though.. and earlier I got like a little shock like feeling in my lower abdomen.. all I'm wondering is if period symptoms can still cause all these types of symptoms.. thats why I'm impatient to know.. :) thanks again Doula! :) xoxox
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2009, 04:11 PM

Just wait a week after yr period is due and test or if yr period don't show up u can test on the 6th also simple as that lollllllllllll

Mar 6, 2009, 05:43 AM

Hello!

Just to tell everyone on this thread that I AM indeeed pregnant, I took a test yesterday afternoon (1 day before my expected period) and it come out positive! Thanks for all your opinions:):):)
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2009, 06:08 AM

Ohhhh congrats!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need as many opinions as possible! [ 7 Answers ]

I had posted a message on this site before because me & my boyfriend had fooled around & I thought there was a great possibility that I was pregnant (you may want to go back and read the whole story). I waited for about 2 weeks after my missed period and pregnancy symptoms started, and then finally...

Need some opinions. [ 8 Answers ]

Well I am really interested in hoodoo... and don't know where to start all this stuff... any can any one give any guide lines for practicing it?

Could this guy like me? Opinions [ 2 Answers ]

Im a junior in college. I like this senior at my school. I don't know him extremely well. I started liking him a little bit last year but I didn't get to talk to him a whole lot. He sometimes sat with my group at lunch last year and that's how I met him. He studied abroad last semester where Im...

Your opinions. [ 38 Answers ]

Okay so this site is called Ask Me Help Desk but your not allowed to get Home work HELP. What's the point of that?

Need opinions! [ 5 Answers ]

Actually I don't know any of you , but stumbled across this site when I was reasearching having multiple cats. I am 21 years old and I live in a two bedroom apartement with my boyfriend . I grew up with animals , my father worked for the humane society and always felt the need to help as many as I...

View more questions Search