Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airwalk_man Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Feb 22, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Friends, Exgirlfriend is Still My Friend?
    Hey Folks,

Last week I hear a friend I've known for 24 years broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years and I'm kind of bummed. They appeared like a great couple, but suddenly he broke it off with her. Now he's dating someone else and they're already going at it. His ex girlfriend is still a great friend of mine and with technology like Facebook, she's already commented on my profile. I want to message back, but I don't know what say and I do want to make it meaningful. Now your asking yourself, "It sounds like he likes her". I do like her, but I don't think she is interested in me, so I'm just trying to reconnect as friends after my buddy made a dumb choice in dumping her. Someone else's advice was simply to say "I'm sorry" but I want to sy more. Thanks for reading, and commenting.

Cheers
    heartbroke Posts: 163, Reputation: 24

Feb 22, 2009, 12:44 PM

Your friend will take it as betrayal siding with her. Your interest in her will only make things worse. Be her friend, from a distance
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 23, 2009, 08:42 AM

While you may want to be a friend, and she may need one, recognize she needs to heal on her own, and don't get to close, and let things get complicated by intense feelings from contact, or friendship. Keeping her at a safe distance will help her, getting to close may hurt you both.

The last thing she needs is to rebound to you.
    airwalk_man Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Feb 23, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    While you may want to be a friend, and she may need one, recognize she needs to heal on her own, and don't get to close, and let things get complicated by intense feelings from contact, or friendship. Keeping her at a safe distance will help her, getting to close may hurt you both.

The last thing she needs is to rebound to you.
    Ok, it makes sense. If karma kicks me in the , and I run into her randomly someday, and one thing leads to another I'm not going to stop it. I guess this brings up the age ol' question, how soon is too soon?

I mean, my buddy is already screwing around with another girl and I'm almost to the point in dropping a random message to his ex to "bump into" him and his new fling, just to speed the healing process up.. haha I'm evil. I guess in 3 years, I made just as good of friend with her as I did with my buddy, whom I've known for 24 some odd years. I guess its just a piss off.

Thanks for the advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

Dating a friends ex and your ex friend? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy off and on for about a year or so and I recently broke up with him because his friend and my friends ex admitted that he has secretly liked me for a long time about two years. And I have really liked him as well. Do you think it is okay to date him, I mean my friend said...

Do you guy have female friends that are just friend? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend decided he wanted to start hanging out with his female friend that he has known since 3rd grade, should I be worried? He also talks to to his ex-girlfriends all the time. I am very insecure about this because the girl that he wants to hang out with is really beautiful and skinny, I'm...

Friend inviting a other friends on a vacation [ 7 Answers ]

I am going to a Family girls reunion weekend for my husband's family and have asked my long time friend to come with me. She is excited to go because she joined me last year and it was fun. This year she wants mutual friends to come with us as well. I feel uncomfortable bringing a whole...

View more questions Search