Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissingMacro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Distance issues, troubled relationship.
    Well, me and my ex-girlfriend had been together for 2 years. About 6 months ago, she moved to a University (about 150 miles away). It was her dream to go to this particular university, and although it pained me to see her go, I supported her every step and put on a brave face.

We struggled at the start, and we missed each other tremendously, much more than I thought I would. About 2 months ago we started having problems. I have no idea what made me do it, but I just stopped bothering, it sounds bad. I just got lazy, I just ran out of time, I just kept making excuses up as to why I couldn't go and see her this week. These problems recently took a turn for the worse. I found myself looking at other women, and felt unhappy with my current relationship. After drastic attempts to save the relationship on both parts, I decided that I wanted to see other people. I've never been a person to cheat on anyone, so I found the courage and decided it was only fair to travel down and tell her how I felt and end the relationship as best I could.

Another spanner in the works, I'm off travelling in June. I am going to japan, so this will be more than just 150 miles.

When I arrived I resisted the urge to hug her which was now more over-powering than ever. We talked for hours about how we could go on a break and be just friends for awhile. I agreed to stay for a couple of days. They were the best 2 days of my life. I had such a good time and I fell back in love with her. I remembered why we were fighting for this relationship, what it was all for. We still decided to be friends, as we can't base a relationship on 2 days.

I love her to bits, do I tell her I'm sorry and I want a relationship? I can't stop thinking about her its driving me insane. We agreed to be friends for awhile, and I hate myself, I'm such a fool I let things go - I was lazy and it cost me. She tells me she loves me, which is a start I suppose.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 10:24 PM

Long Distance Relationship Advice | The Frisky

Distance will kill the best of partners, but the real question is how she feels since you both have much to do. We heard your side, but not hers.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 06:46 AM

Tal is right, long distanct relationships are extremely hard and not for a lot of people. The site he gave you is a great help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long distance relationship. [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry its so long... it's my 1st question ever. Hi!. so I'm in a long distance relationship, we've been dating for about 4 months and everything has been good we have seen each other at least once or twice (both equally visited each other) BUT recently he moved back home to his parents for...

Long distance relationship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've been with a girl for 5 months I live in england she lives in Florida we talk everyday and I really love her she loves me I think she is too controlling cause when it comes to hanging up the phone she what's to hang up the phone all the time I tell her everything about me I tell her what I...

Long distance relationship issues, and like someone else [ 8 Answers ]

I have been dating my current girlfriend for about a year and it is pretty serious, although long distance. I am a graduate student and live 2 hours from her home. Aside from holidays, we get to spend about every other weekend together. 2 serious issues have recently come up, and I am not sure...

Long Distance relationship? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hi. Where do I begin :( I live on the west coast... the guy I have been seeing for about 6 months now lives on the east coast. (3000 miles away) he and I get along GREAT.. we have a great time together and really liked each other A lot. We talked every single day with text and phone...

View more questions Search