Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzlvr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Black,grey,white particles coming out of hot water in 1 bathtub
    When I turn on my HOT water in my bathtub... black,grey,white particles/debris come out. They feel sandy/rockish... tiny and some larger like tiny stones. After a bath, I can get about 1 tablespoon of this debris out of the tub.
    I have done checking... only happens with my hot water. And only happens in the master bathroom... the two other bathtubs are not affected.
    I have a home which is about 18months old. It sat vacant for about 10months and we have lived in it for the past 8months. It is on a shared well, no one else is having this problem.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 02:37 PM

If it's only 18 months old, then it can't be corroding pipes. That was my first hunch. I would think that it must be junk coming in from the well. However, I can't explain why it affects only one bathtub.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 02:40 PM

Hello Jazzlvr,

Have you done any plumbing work around the house, and when was the last time that you flushed your water heater, it sounds like it is time to flush your water heater now.

Flush your heater frequently if you don't know how to flush get back to us we will walk you through ho to do it, Thanks.

John
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 02:45 PM

John's advice to flush the water heater is good, do it twice a year. However, in your situation I do not think it's a heater issue since other hot faucets are not affected. I have not thought of a good explanation for your problem since nothing should be failing in 18 months. Has anything been installed recently like a recirculator or new valve?

Feb 19, 2009, 03:37 PM

At 1st I thought maybe the Well too as Perito thought... however it is a shared well and no one else is experiencing this.. so can it still be a well issue?

Feb 19, 2009, 03:38 PM

We did add a full size pool when we moved in; could that be why?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 04:16 PM

Nope, the problem is isolated to one valve on one line going to the tub. The problem is in that line or valve.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 19, 2009, 04:36 PM

Pool plumbing is not connected to house plumbing. Look for problem as suggested by our experts above...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water coming up into the bathtub [ 7 Answers ]

I was using the waste disposal in the kitchen and when I went to the bathroom a few minutes later I had water coming up the drain. The tub is now completely clogged. I have used drain and liquid plumber, but nothing is working. I also noticed that if I use the sink in the bathroom, it is very...

Black Particles in water [ 12 Answers ]

Help! I've discovered black particles in my water when I fill up a sink or bathtub. I contacted the water company and they believe the stuff is coming from within my house plumbing or water heater. The particles smear in the bottom of a tub or sink when touched. When they come out of the faucet...

Black& white out put is coming on my ONIDA TV using S-video cable [ 2 Answers ]

Black& white out put is coming on my ONIDA TV using S-video cable.. My laptop is of HP( with Vista as O.S) & TV is onida. I'm using S-video cable to view output on TV. But output is coming not properly its coming black & white( video is flittering also) Please help me to get this problem...

Tiny little black bugs in bathtub possibly coming from drain [ 3 Answers ]

I have tiny little black bugs in my bathtub possibly coming out my bath drain how do I get rid of them

Hot water does not stop coming out of the bathtub [ 4 Answers ]

About 2 weeks ago the hot water was pouring out of the bathtub even though the handle was closed. I changed the hot water stem, washer and seat. The washer was chewed up and the end of the stem was pretty badly damaged. About 2 weeks later I was having the same problem, only the water was not...

View more questions Search