Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jen8976 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 01:09 PM
    My washer drain hose does not fit the standard pipe
    I just moved into an apartment and bought a new washer and dryer. They do have hookups in the laundry room, however, the standard pipe in the wall is only 3/4 of an inch in diameter. The washer drain hose is 1 1/4 inches. So there is 1/2 inch space when you put the drain hose over the standard pipe. What materials can I purchase at the hardware store so I can hook up the drain hose so it won't leak.

THANKS!
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 01:25 PM

First of all: it is wrong. Your washer drain should be - minimium - 1 1/2" pipe. Can you post a photo of the drain inlet ?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 19, 2009, 06:34 AM
    the standard pipe in the wall is only 3/4 of an inch in diameter.
    This is a typical washer station,(see image). Milo
    S correct. Something wrong here. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need washer drain pipe installed, now washer stand pipe is backing up. [ 3 Answers ]

I've had to route my washer drain out of my septic system (drain fields are bad). In the house crawl space the washer pipe 2" pvc came through the floor one bend (elbow) and 3' of travel to the septic cast iron pipe down to the septic tank. I cut into the pvc just past the elbow (maybe 2' past)...

Must play with drain hose to get washer to drain and spin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a GE WCSE6270 Washer. After the washer fills and agitates, it starts to make a gurgling, clicking noise and will not finish the cycle (i.e. drain and spin). I noticed that the drain hose in the back was a little leaky, and in trying to play with it, it made the washer drain and spin...

Drain hose for washer [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a house with a septic system and a basement hook-up for the washing machine. There is a open pipe above the washer hookups which I assume is the drain for the washer? How do I change out the hose or do I add an extension or what? Or is this a job for a plumber? It's a...

Hose Pipe Drain - Not There [ 5 Answers ]

I just moved into my first home. It's a new construction. I have connected my dryer, even replaced the cord because it was the wrong prongs. Now my washer has 3 tubes. I have connected the hot and cold, but there is no place for the drain pipe. Was this suppose to be in the house when it was built?...

View more questions Search