Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wenfengxie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
    Residence or nonresidence
    Hi,
    I came to US on March 2006 with J1 visa and worked in a University, and then changed my status to O-1 visa on Dec2 007 and work in a company to date. I am wondering if I should file tax as a residence?

Thanks for your input!
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 02:30 AM

O-1 is work visa like H1-B or L1B.
    For 2008, you will file resident tax return.
    Read about O-1 (read H1-B) tax filing: Your U.S. Tax Return: The U.S. Visas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Residence approval [ 1 Answers ]

Hi about how much longer should it take for the residence to be approved if we field a "immigrant petition for relatives" in the year 2001 Thank you:o

Does a j1 visa holder non residence receive more taxes back than a US residence? [ 6 Answers ]

Last year... my taxes were 1100 dollars(federal + state ),, that is what my w2 showed... I got back 1000 dollars for those 4 months i worked that year... This year my taxes are 4000 dollars (federal + state) that what it shows my w2 and its more money cause i worked 12 months.. right? ...

Nj residence got 1099g from ny [ 2 Answers ]

I am nj residence and my husband work at New York city. But yesterday, I got 1099g form. He is the one who work in New York, but it was issued to my social security number. I used to be a house wife, and 4 month ago I got my job and started to report my taxes. And we have joint tax.. Why this...

Primary residence [ 2 Answers ]

About a year ago, I purchased a home in Missouri after the bank foreclosed on my mother's home. She lives with me now at the new house. I have recently decided to move and possibly get married. I would like my mother to be able to continue living at the house if possible. I don't believe that...

F1 --> H1 Non-residence or Residence [ 1 Answers ]

I came to the US in summer 2004 as an F1(citizen of China), finished an MS in May 2006, started a job on OPT in July and my H1 began on October 2006. I am not sure whether I should file the Federal tax as a Non-residence or a residence for the tax year 2006? Thank you

View more questions Search