Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wwwwwww Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 11:18 AM
    F1 --> H1 Non-residence or Residence
    I came to the US in summer 2004 as an F1(citizen of China), finished an MS in May 2006, started a job on OPT in July and my H1 began on October 2006.

I am not sure whether I should file the Federal tax as a Non-residence or a residence for the tax year 2006?

Thank you
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 16, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Are you married?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

480 volt in a residence [ 3 Answers ]

I am restoring a 100 year old home and installing central hvac. My electrician can get my units at a tremendous bargain, however, they are 480 volt. Unit alone savings would be 15,000. I have not yet installed the new panels in the house. Is it feasible and possible to put in a 480 volt panel?

Length of time for primary residence [ 2 Answers ]

What is the length of time required by law that you need to be in a house (as your primary residence) before you can sell it?

Source of income different from state of work and residence [ 1 Answers ]

I was in F1- OPT from feb 1 of 2005 and got employed by a firm in NJ and am working as a IT tech support for a client in Nashville ,TN. I have been living in TN for about an year now. I have been paying the federal tax (15%) and also the NJ state tax till date. From August I have transferred to an...

Social Work-Child Residence Programs-Role of Fathe [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is an MSW and is the Residence Manager at a home for troubled children. The programs she manages within the residential setting are: Residential Treatment, Family Therapy, Parent Group, Continuing Service (after the child leaves the residence), School Advocacy and Psychiatric...

View more questions Search