Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quick_68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 03:03 PM
    200 amp service 4/0 ser cable in 2" conduit?
    What should I run from my disconnect switch to my panel box inside for my 200 amp service. I have 2" PVC ran from the disconnect to the panel. I thought about using 4/0 SER but then read somewhere that you are not suppose to put it in conduit because of possible temp problems? Is this correct or faulty information? Also if not SER 4/0 then what should I use?

Thanks!
    Tev Posts: 232, Reputation: 20

Feb 15, 2009, 07:19 PM

SER can be used in conduit. In some cases, where subject to physical damage, it is required to be protected by conduit. I would use 2/0 copper or 4/0 aluminum THHN/THWN for your application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service entrance cable size for 100 amp and 200 amp service. [ 16 Answers ]

I would like to know what size aluminum sec I would need for 100 or 200 amp service

Conduit size for MHF cable [ 5 Answers ]

Hi -- What is the proper conduit size for installing 4/0-4/0-4/0-2/0 Mobile Home Feeder cable? The meter box is on a pole about 25 feet from the house. The cable is rated for direct burial, but I think I should run the whole way in conduit because of the rocky soil.

Cable/conduit lubricant for pulling new cable? [ 1 Answers ]

What is recommended lubricant for pulling cable through conduit?

Can I run a electrical line in the same conduit as phone and cable? [ 9 Answers ]

Aloha All, I built a little 8'x12' office that is approximately 185ft from my main house. I was planning on running a electric, phone, and cable line in an underground conduit from my house to the office. Can I just use 20A romex for the electrical line that will be tapped off an exterior...

Do I need conduit to run a 220v cable through my cellar? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm running a 2-2/4 aluminum cable for a 220v circuit from my barn from the panel in my house. Once entering the home (from the 36" deep in-conduit run from the barn), I have to string the cable through the mechanical area (cellar) of the house, then through a center-home crawl space and then...

View more questions Search