Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxtexn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 03:48 PM
    Air cond drain pipe
    A/C drain pipe plugged up, PCV in confining area, can I use draino or ? To unplug it.:cool:
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Aug 15, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Compressed air would be my first choice...
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Aug 17, 2006, 11:23 AM
    PLEASE do not use Draino!:eek: It can be very corrosive and could possibly damage your evaporator coil or drain pan ($$$) if flushed back into the unit. Use compressed air as mentioned above - or you might try a wet / dry vac (either suction or exhaust pressure) to clear the line. If the line is hard to get to, you might try cutting it in an accessible area and clean each segment separately - then, reconnect with a PVC coupler and glue. Better yet, reconnect with a "T" and plug the side member so you can easily access it again if you need to. Some people flush the drain line with water / garden hose - but that could well be dangerous to life and limb if you are careless and get electrical components wet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Cond condenser Fan Motor Wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know? I have two black wires on my outside condenser fan that are no different that hooks in to a black wire and a white wire coming out of my new fan motor. Can they be swiched? If not I don't know how to tell which wire to hook the black and white up to. Also it has a brown and a...

Brass drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I am completing a bar unit which is using an existing drain waste system. I have seen a thin walled brass drain pipe at my local plumbing store and would like to use this but when I have tested it I cannot get a good seal and continually get small leaks. The pipe has a threaded collar at one end...

Help me with my Drain Pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I had ceramic tile installed in an upstairs bathroom and a laundry room last week. I removed the toilet from upstairs bathroom and a washer and dryer from the laundry room on the main floor prior to installation. I put the toilet back on this week and reconnected the washer and dryer in the...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

Drain to vent pipe [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I want to add a small sink next to my toilet, it is a cement slab floor, can I drain the sink into the vent stack of the toilet. A trap will be used for the sink. I really want to stay away from busting up the floor.

View more questions Search