Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cortesa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 08:28 PM
    Symantec Error message: LU 1814
    I have been receiving messages from my Norton Internet Security that my virus protection is out of date. When I click on "live update" the process stops with a message: "LU 1814: Live update could not retreive the update list."

I have gone to the Symantec web site and tried their solutions (two of them) and nothing has worked.

Judging from the comments I read when I Google this error code, I am not the only one with this problem.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem.

Cortesa
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 15, 2006, 02:54 AM
    Have you tried manually downloading the Anti Virus updates, they are available HERE.
    Tarfu Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 02:04 PM
    Just my 2 cents.. but when I got that problem.. and the first recommendations didn't help.. eventually had to uninstall and reinstall the program.. in my case was system works.. uninstalling just the virus program didn't work.. had to uninstall and reinstall the entire package.. it worked

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Far Cry Error Message [ 5 Answers ]

I installed and updated the game Far Cry, but this Error keeps coming up: "Please insert the correct CD-Rom, select OK and restart application " I have unticked the Emulation programs that I can think of. ( Alcohol, and uninstalled Ghost9 and Clone DVD2 ). Nothing works, put in CD, click Icon...

Symantec; error LU1875 [ 1 Answers ]

In trying to get a virus update on Norton my computer shows error LU1875 i.e. the update failed. The procedure to rectify this shows in step 3 that "using the cursor select the following line of text, including the quotation mark at the end: regsvr32/u"c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton...

Error message [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting an error message that says "C:\program1\symantec\s32evnt1.DLL. An installable virtual device driver fialed Dll initialization. Choose "close" to terminate the application. I don't have Symantec/Norton Anti-Virus installed on my computer. I get this error when I'm trying to remove...

DVD Error Message [ 2 Answers ]

I've got Power DVD 5.0 and every time I try to play a Copyright Protected DVD, I get the error message "TV out port not configured properly", with the details being "Can't play copyright protected DVDs with TV out function enabled". I have looked in the WinME help and support page. My graphics...

Error message [ 1 Answers ]

Error message when trying to save a web page. Please help me Marthie

View more questions Search