Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bolsillos5624 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 04:50 PM
    How to heal
    I know these things seem pretty stupid, but my girlfriend broke up with me about two and a half to three months ago. I don’t know a whole lot about being an adult, but she was the only person I have ever seriously dated, and I loved her a lot. I spent most of my time just thinking about us being together. So when she decided to break up with me, it hurt a lot and it still does almost every day. I have lost most of my normal sense of humor that I use to have, and I don’t really have any level of self esteem left. I want to be like I used to be. I find that I put on a fake happy face everyday now. I told her how I felt, but she doesn’t even speak to me anymore. At this point I’m not so sure that I can change myself. I have only told my best friend, but I lost my virginity to her as well, and I am a Christian. I actually met her in church. I know according to Christian beliefs I should have waited until marriage, but I made that mistake. I’m not so sure I can forgive myself for that. I know it probably seems dumb, but I always vowed to myself that I would save my virginity for one person. Now I can’t even get myself to ask someone out, I am just so ashamed of myself everyday for foolishly doing that to myself. I want to be myself again, and to stop thinking about loving her.

Thanks,
    SJM
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 05:15 PM

OK,

a) Your virginity's gone and it's not coming back, so build a bridge and get over it. You can't change the past but what you can do is learn form your mistakes. Don't ever let yourself down like this again.

b) Everyone goes through this, it's terrible but time heals all wounds and this too will pass. Just try to keep yourself busy and stop beating yourself up, there's enough people in this world to do that for you!

And finally, remember that the only person you have let down in all of this is yourself. Not her and not God. I don't really go for the organised religion myself, but I know that according to your scriptures as long as you are truly sorry and repent then you will be forgiven. So if it's good enough for God it should be good enough for you. Forgive yourself.
    De4rest Posts: 85, Reputation: 7

Feb 11, 2009, 06:54 PM

I think I know why it's so hard for you to move on. She was your first and you lost your virginity to her. Your feelings are attached to her whatsoever since you've given your all to her at that moment. Try to accept the situation that it has happened then you have to let her go. You can mourn all you want at this point in time, but you have to promise yourself to become better. That said, start believing in yourself and you will change step by step. It will take some time but don't give up and a progress although only a little is still a progress. Keep on praying to God and believe in yourself =)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 07:08 AM

Stop beating yourself up about a mistake you made. Your only human, and not perfect. I'm sure God can forgive you, if you ask, now its your turn to forgive yourself.
    Ziggurat2009 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 10:56 AM

Hey man,

Wow you sound like me. I'm a Christian as well. My girlfriend(ex) broke up with me 4 weeks ago. She believed in God just like me but always felt uncomfortable if/when we went to church. I didn't care she was very kind and a great human being. She wanted to have sex really bad. We came close, the temptation is always there. But I just couldn't, I wasn't sure if she would always stay with me and I was afraid if we did do it, she'd leave after getting bored with me. She said she'd wait then. We had "outercourse" as they call it and that seemed to hold us over. But look what happened... she DID leave me. So. I'm lost and confused as well. I'm right there with you man. I'm trying the no contact thing, but being away at college is making this 80 times more painful and difficult to deal with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I heal? [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please give me some good tips to healing. How do you get over someone? I know that people say that time heals all wounds, but my goodness it seems like it hurts more everyday. Especially when you and this guy have mutual friends and have to see this person all the time. Do I distance...

What can I do to heal or should I try [ 4 Answers ]

We were in a relation for 7 years ,we were always fighting together and 20 days before our marriage we ended the relation cause he family forced us to do so cause of some financials they wanted as a commitment on me and I refused , then after 2 months I tried to get her back and she refused then I...

Trying to heal but hardly. [ 2 Answers ]

I thought that my ex and I were a good match when we first got together but after my pregnancy occurred I decided because of his disinterest that it was best to end our relationship. Before our relationship dissolved and the birth of our son, I cared for his children also, so it was important to me...

How do I heal? [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 16 years old I had a baby boy named Charlie. He lived for 3 and 1/2 minutes before he died of severe brain trauma due to a car accident 3 days prior. I am now 21 years old and everyday I think of him and my heart breaks. I don't want to get pregnant again because I don't know if I could...

How can I heal... [ 6 Answers ]

How can I heal my broken heart? My heart has been broken for the 5th time now. Every time I go out with someone then get feelings for him, he will dump me. How can I move on and find someone who won't hurt me? Should I still date?

View more questions Search