Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LANCE-M Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 08:47 PM
    Which is better? Jet Pump or Submersible?
    We recently bought 21 acres unimproved pasture land. This is our first house, first well, etc. Looking around for the best deal regarding water well installations. Got a quote to drill a 400' to 500' well w/4" pipe with a submersible pump for $7000.00. Which is better? A jet pump or submersible pump?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 06:24 AM

A submersible is about your only option. I am not aware of jet pumps that can go much past 75 to 100 feet. I certainly would not consider one at the depths you are talking about. At any rate, a submersible pump is more efficient no matter what depth you are talking about. The jet pump is nice when it comes time to trouble shoot it or work on/replace it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 10, 2009, 08:04 AM
    I prefer a surface based pump if only for the ease of servicing. They do make jet pumps for deep wells. Check then out at : Residential Water - Goulds Pumps, Jet Pumps, deep well pumps, shallow well Jet Pumps, surface mounted deep well pumps, Pump Accessories, Vertical Jet Pumps, Submersible Motors, Booster Pumps, lawn sprinkling, irrigation Good luck, Tom
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 12:27 PM

Speedball, thanks for that link! I did not realize the jet pumps could go so deep. If I read the specs properly, it would seem that 200 feet or so would be the limit. Not sure how efficient they are at that depth. This document gave a lot of good information.

http://www.goulds.com/pdf/IM102.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Submersible vs jet pump [ 13 Answers ]

I have a well that is 44 ft to the bottom. The well is 500 feet to the cabin. The cabin is up hill 30 feet on a slow incline. Which pump would work the best in this situation. The well is an old 8 inch steel pipe well.

Submersible Pump [ 6 Answers ]

A friend asked me to hook up his water pump. He has the red black yellow and green wires running to the house, which he wants hooked up to the box. This is not right is it. I thought that power came from main box to a control box and these wires hooked to control box from pump?

How can I get the old submersible pump out? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I asked the submersible pump question a while ago and speedball1 helped me a lot. I have additional question now. I have located the well. Can you tell me the steps to pull the pump out? Is it doable for an layman like me? I am pretty comfortable to explorer things but would like to...

View more questions Search