Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aafen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Rusty water pipe
    I have a rusty water pipe underneath the kitchen sink that has a pinhole leak, is there anything that I can do to fix it until I can get a plumber?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2006, 09:02 PM
    If it is a small leak you can buy a repair clamp to but over the leak and tighten it up. That should last for quite sometime, I mean maybe years.
    Make sure you get the right size for the pipe you have and make sure you smooth the pipe so that the clamp can seat properly
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 13, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Letmetellu gave you great advice about a saddle clamp.(See image) Let me add another option to his answer. They make a repair tape for problems such as yours. To check it out click on; http://www.plumbingstore.com/repairkit.html.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water is coming out of the overflow pipe [ 2 Answers ]

The overflow pipe which, I presume, comes out of a tank in the attic is letting water out intermitently. The pipe comes out from above my bedroom window, below the roof. What could be the cause of the problem ? Thanks in anticipation.

Rusty or dirty water [ 5 Answers ]

If you been following my story, I wanted to ask on a separate post about something else. Each time I turn on the bath faucet a spurt of rusty/dirty water comes up before the water clears again. This is not a lot but it has been happening every time ever since I replaced this faucet. What could...

Help! Water backing up from pipe in basement [ 3 Answers ]

My townhouse is 1 1/2 years old and I live in the end unit. There's a 6-8 inch PVC that comes out of my basement floor. The pipe is flush with the floor and has a cover. The cover doesn't screw or snap on, it just sits on top of the pipe. 8 or 10 inches down the pipe is a cap that screws on. ...

Pipe banging other than water hammer? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, Recently the pipes in our house have started banging. My initial thoughts were loosely hanging pipes or water hammer. I secured the pipes better/tighter with hangers, but the problem continues. Water hammer would be a possible idea, except it only seems to happen from the toilet pipes...

Water backing up into vent pipe~Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We recently moved our water supply (kitchen) against the wall, rather then in mid kitchen (old house) previously the kitchen had had an addition (not added by us) that left the sink sitting "kitty corner" off the north wall, we wanted to utilize more space so had a friend help move the...

View more questions Search