Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peacefulsoul22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 12:47 PM
    Hour cut
    My friend works in the kitchen at a franchise he walk in to work and was there for an hour they told him to go home. Is there a law that states that they would have to pay him for at lease 4 hours
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 01:46 PM

Sorry, no such law that I am aware of.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2009, 05:20 AM
    Hello p:

Here in Washington, workers like your friend ARE paid a minimum of 4 hours when they're called in to work.

Here is a paste up from NY:

If you are required or permitted to report to work, even if you are not assigned actual work, you may be entitled to "call in pay." Usually, restaurant or hotel workers are entitled to three hours' pay at the applicable minimum rate, NY Code of Rules and Regulations, Title 12 sec. 137-1.6 , 138-2.3, And employees in other private workplaces are entitled to four hours' pay at the applicable minimum rate. NY Code of Rule and Regulations, Title 12 sec. 142-2.3.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2009, 03:33 PM

In Ohio they can send you home after 10 minutes and not pay for even one hour's time. Think I'll move to Washington. Thanks Excon for the info.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 05:03 PM

No requirements in GA or TN

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many hour should we sleep in a day ? [ 26 Answers ]

Hi all, In your opinion, how many hour should we sleep in a day ? How many is best for our brain and our body ? Cheers Ly Hoang Hai

14 hour erections [ 3 Answers ]

I get an erection that lasts up to 14 hours. It is not like a normal erection it is harder than normal and gets very painful. I have tried to masturbate or have sex with it to get rid of it but it is too sensitive and too painful to do this. The times that I have managed to masturbate with it the...

Hour pay reduced [ 1 Answers ]

I work for an Insurance Agent who has 25 years+ as a contract agent for one of the top five insurance companies in the United States. He has his own office and employs three people. He pays our salaries - we are his employees and we are not connected in any way with the parent insurance company. ...

A/c only runs for an hour [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, about 3 days ago my a/c unit inside started to pour out water. I bought a wet dry vac and unclogged the pipes, and changed the filter. Now, it will work fine for about an hour, then it starts to struggle. The inside unit tries to run but it does not kick in only makes whispering noise and...

3-hour diet [ 2 Answers ]

Has anybody heard of 3- Hour Diet program by jorger cruise?? I just want to know is it effective?? If anybody doing this diet please reply me ~

View more questions Search