Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrSad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 06:54 AM
    My Wife is cliaming our kids and all I have.
    I got married in Pakistan in 99, it was an arranged marriage. When we got married, as a custom you get asked before signing the marriage certificate if a divorce is to occur in the future, what the bride is entitled to. My wife signed the papers stating that she had no interest in money or propery.

10 years on we have two children, one is 8 and the second child is 6. Three months back she left our home and took off with money, gold and my bank cards. She left the kids too, I found where she is through police.

She has taken me to court now, wanting money, half of the property (which is under my name, I have always paid the mortgage and bills), and she wants the kids. Im in so much stress, because I don't want to losse my kids, I don't know what I'll do. Also the house is a family house, as in our culture it also belongs to my other three brothers. What can I do? I'm scared she will clean me out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 07:00 AM

Hire the best legal defense you can. That is all you can do.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 03:55 PM

Also, maybe you should hire one that is familiar with your culture but I am unsure if that might help you out.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Feb 4, 2009, 01:55 AM

Find the meanst badest of a lawyer she will do her best to take her down. Most woman lawyers love cases like these specially when there kids involved. Ask around, talk to people call the local court house and ask some of the clerks. You get the right one. Be honest about everything you tell her even if its bad you can't have secrets fro a person who is helping you. Pray about and god will give you the answer you have been longing for.

Take care,
    melissashumate Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2009, 07:28 PM
    I would take everything that you got and nail her to the wall... you said that she left even the kids and now she wants them I think that there is a motive she wants more money.. and if she signed something then the judge will look at that... hire someone that knows what they are doing she will get what comes to her like that old saying "WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND" things will work out for the best they may not seem like it but keep being the best dad that you can be and she can't take anything from you if the house is in your families name (brothers) she can't do it unless it was all you and you say its not. Try not to worry I know its hard but try:)
    anisa2009 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 11:47 AM

Relax... try to talk to her... ask her why she wants a devorse (is she seeing another man or wants to marry someone else?)

What ever you do don't shout at her.. coz women hate this...
    Ejaz646 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 01:50 AM
    Salam,
    Mr Sad you should not worry. You should contact with your wife for reconciliation. Your marriage is celebrated according to the Islamic Law of Pakistan. You should contact the Lawyer whom who has grip of both Laws, Pakistani and States Laws. The court will see the best future of your child in the matter of custody of your child according to the State Laws.

**** all contact info deleted
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 08:24 PM

Hi, Ejaz646!

This isn't a site that you can use to advertise your services. Your contact information will soon be removed. If you would like to give of your time to help people for free here right on the threads, that would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife left me and took kids. [ 32 Answers ]

I'm in the military first of all so everything I do is scrutinized and monitered by the military. My wife left me and took my two kids. She won't talk to me about what she thinks or what she feels. Every time we talk I get anger and frustration. We have had a very hard marriage. We have been...

My wife wants kids and I don't [ 17 Answers ]

Okay, I have been married for over two years and together with my wife for a total four (dating and marriage). Right after we got married I went to law school and we had to move across the country. At first it was rocky, but then things were great for about the last year and a half. However,...

Wife brainwashing the kids [ 6 Answers ]

How do I prove my wife is brainwashing my 5/8/9 year old girls against me.

My wife and kids [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 boys from a earlier marriage and 1 stepson from my current marriage. My oldest son has had a hard time with the divorce of his mom and I, and has made him disrespectfull and argumentitive to his stepmom. My wife and I get along great until my boys come home then she is a different person....

Kids Father talks bad on ex-wife and me in front of kids [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, admins please move to the appropriate section. Thanks Now for the question, I have been seeing my girlfriend for almost 7 months now. We do live together with her 2 beautiful girls who I adore and treat as my own. They are 5 and 3 and...

View more questions Search