Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alfie9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 08:35 PM
    Oil burners
    What causes an oil burner to not ignite occasionally?
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 29, 2009, 08:36 PM

Could be several things.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 29, 2009, 09:44 PM

I understand you didn't find it very helpful, but you have to give me something to work with other than "What causes an oil burner to not ignite occasionally?"

Could be a failing transformer.
    Could be a loose wire.
    Could be a dirty fuel filter.
    Could be a failing pump.
    Could be a bad photocell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burners come on, go off, come on, then they go away [ 3 Answers ]

Hi folks. I've got a problem with a Goodman GPG13 gas pack unit. When a call to heat is given all seems to work fine but the burners come on for a short time then some go off and come back on but after a while (a couple minutes) they all go off. And they stay off for the lock out time ~ I'm...

Why do the burners go out before the fan even comes on? [ 2 Answers ]

The furnace ignites quickly with a blue flame and burns for approximately 2 minutes. Then the whole unit stops silent for about a second. Then the fan finally comes on after all of this and blows somewhat hot air for approximately 3 minutes. The entire cycle is 2 minutes of burners, then 3...

Gas stove burners [ 4 Answers ]

I have only one burner lighting on my gas stove. How do I relight the other burners?

Burners won't stay lit! [ 2 Answers ]

Please help. My furnace will come on when it is supposed to, glow plug will glow, then after a few seconds the burners will come on, but they will not stay on. They fire up for about five seconds then shout down. This will cycle a couple of time then the furnace then just totally quits. Ant ideas? ...

View more questions Search