Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xoxaprilwine Posts: 582, Reputation: 71

Jan 29, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Umbilical Hernia & Pregnancy - Weight Loss in the 37th Week
    Ok, so I pushed it this time around. Aside from all the chaos this pregnancy of job changes and resident changes... I hit a major cleaning spree. I wanted everything organized, categorized and clean. My husband seemed to be making time for everyone but me in the time I went on my cleaning spree (not that I don't blame him). Now I have umbilical hernia because I ended up doing majority on my own. I know I shouldn't have done what I did; but I did it anyhow knowing that I could not rely on anyone but me-anxious (regret it now). I cleaned out our basement, set up the nursery, organized, unpacked and cleaned everything so everything is where it should be. It's as if we have lived here for years now and now I am relaxed and enjoying the rest of my time.

I know that umbilical hernia isn't serious unless I have pain which would essentially mean that my intestines can get caught up in all that and will require surgery after. This is a rare situation. Am I going to give birth normally even with the hernia?

Also, I have not gained weight from 34th to 36th week and just found out that I lost 5 pounds now in my 37th week... stomach is measuring up as exactly 37 cm, which is normal... so I am losing weight but the baby is gaining cm's. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Everything else is normal (fetal movement etc).

Feb 28, 2009, 11:24 AM

No one answered this but I did give birth to a healthy baby boy. He was 7 pounds 11 ounces, 1 hour of intense labor and delivery (6 pushes and he was out) all natural and no drugs. Delivery was not effected by the hernia and it appears to have subsided after birth... as it goes for the weight loss... as long as your tummy is measuring out perfect it is not unheard of - since I ate healthy, ate for one (but ate healthy for two) and was very active. I lost all my weight already and it has only been 17 days so... to all you viewing this question... its all good.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 12:22 PM

Congratulations! Can't wait for my little one. Hope his delivery goes as smooth as yours.

I hope I too can not have any drugs.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2009, 12:42 PM

Congrats... glad things went so well for you!
    Hope you are finding the time to get some rest... enjoy!

Mar 3, 2009, 12:46 PM

Rest... awe I don't remember what it was like to actually sleep for a full 6 hours :). 2 year old won't let me and I can't they get into so much at that stage but we are managing and the baby is super sweet. I am happy though exhausted and couldn't have asked for more. Thank you for everyone's best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 1/2 week pregnancy loss and delayed next pregnancy. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I lost a 6 1/2 week pregancy in January 2008. My periods returned in February With the cause not known,I started trying actively in march . A scan revealed all was well and I have been timing planning and trying for the past 9 months but my periods still come every month. I am expecting my...

Piercing belly button after umbilical hernia repair surgery [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 years old now and when I was 13 I had an operation to repair the umbilical hernia I was born with. So I'm all stitched up now, but I was wondering if it is safe for me to get my belly button pierced. Could piercing my belly button make issues with my hernia arise?

Post pregnancy weight loss [ 3 Answers ]

I am discouraged... before I had my baby (9months old) I was very fit... 5'8 135 pounds, brown belt in aikijitsu, and a lifeguard... I ran almost every day... I have been having a terrible time shedding my post pregnant pounds. I don't understand it. I am working out, I eat healthy, I have...

Weight training after hernia surgery [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to undergo doulble ingunial hernia surgery. I hurt myself on the job but I also am an avid weight lifter. Is this operation going to result in me never being able to lift again or will it be OK after I deal completely?

View more questions Search