Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HighestLoz Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Piercing belly button after umbilical hernia repair surgery
    I am 18 years old now and when I was 13 I had an operation to repair the umbilical hernia I was born with. So I'm all stitched up now, but I was wondering if it is safe for me to get my belly button pierced. Could piercing my belly button make issues with my hernia arise?
    jestereyes03 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HighestLoz
    i am 18 years old now and when i was 13 i had an operation to repair the umbilical hernia i was born with. so im all stitched up now, but i was wondering if it is safe for me to get my belly button pierced. could piercing my belly button make issues with my hernia arise?
    Go talk to a piercer. They know when it would be safe to. Definitely don't want to cause any more issues if it's just getting better
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Talk to your doctor. A piercer does not know your medical history, your doctor does.

Umbilical hernias usually only require a one time fix, but there is the once in a while occasion where you may need a second. If you have been fine since your fix when you were 13, then I would imagine you would be OK to get your navel piercing, but I am NOT a doctor. Please talk to your doctor about this.

If it is fixed, and is going to stay fixed, there should be no problem with you getting your navel pierced. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self Piercing Belly Button [ 35 Answers ]

I'm if anyone has any tips or like the best step process?

WHAT DO I DO! Belly button piercing gone bad? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I got my bellybutton pierced a few days ago ( like a week ago) I have been using this spray stuff that the piercer gave me, my belly button is red though. But keep in mind that I clean my belly button 6 times a day :), is that too much though? Like, should I start using that soap stuff......

Belly Button Piercing [ 6 Answers ]

I'm going to pierce my belly button soon and I'm going to do it with my best friend (who lives in a different city-- I'm going to do it when I go visit her) anyway, she says that she doesn't know any good piercing studios.. this might sound like a really stupid question but is it OK to pierce your...

Belly Button Piercing [ 10 Answers ]

My mom has finally decided to let me do it. I am getting it done professionally but I am afraid of the pain. I am no where near 18 ( I am 12 ) but I have no idea if I should get it because of the pain. Help?

Belly button piercing [ 4 Answers ]

How long would I have to stay out of the pool if I get my belly button done

View more questions Search