Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jlesnik33 Posts: 235, Reputation: 26

Jan 27, 2009, 08:39 PM
    Honestly how do you feel
    Tell the truth do gay people bother you, and how do you feel about them? I won't be hurt, I just want to know other peoples outlook on it
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 27, 2009, 08:42 PM

I personally have no issues one way or the other. I used to work with a traveling ice show and the majority of the male cast were gay. I knew they were gay and they knew I was straight. As long as no lines were crossed then it was fine. I'm curious as to why you feel the need to ask this question here.
    ImTotallyLost Posts: 134, Reputation: 24

Jan 27, 2009, 08:48 PM

I'm bothered by annoying gay people. But it has to do more with them being annoying!

Seriously, though, why would I be bothered by gay people?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 08:51 PM

Gay people don't bother me, why would they?

I don't define people by their sexual preference, that's such a small part of our lives.

If you're a good person then I couldn't care less if you're straight, gay or bi, but, if you're a bad person I won't like you no matter what your sexual preference is. ;)
    juhi2011 Posts: 91, Reputation: 4

Jan 27, 2009, 09:01 PM

Well, I have never come across any gay couple till date , but I am sure they will bother me when I see them for the first time. But that first time will be the last time I suppose...
    Noodles15 Posts: 57, Reputation: 9

Jan 27, 2009, 09:25 PM

I've had/have many gay relatives and a few gay friends.

People are not defined by their sexuality.

Jan 27, 2009, 09:52 PM
    I was just asking because I'm a lesbian. I lost my best friend of 16 years because I came out I guess it made her feel weird around me or something and I wanted to know what people out in the world actually thought. Ive been with my girlfriend for 2 years now and where we work is trying to rid of one of us because we are gay I'm just confused I guess
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 27, 2009, 09:59 PM

How is it that you know exactly that they are trying to get rid of one of you because you are gay? Surely they didn't come out and tell you this.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 10:52 PM

Hmmm, the lesbians (at least 10) I have become acquainted with are great people. There is anger in many of them, and fear, both of which are understandable.

Gay men I have found mostly easy to talk to. Their fears are more like those of a woman and seem less "out of control" than the fears of straight men. I feel very safe, able to be myself when working with them.

Gays of both genders seem to have more capacity for guile or an esoteric nature. When people react negatively to someone's sexual orientation I walk away from them and hope their thrown stones don't hit.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlesnik33 View Post
    i was just asking because im a lesbian. I lost my best friend of 16 years because i came out I guess it made her feel weird around me or something and i wanted to no what people out in the world actually thought. Ive been with my girlfriend for 2 years now and where we work is trying to rid of one of us because we are gay im just confused i guess
    If your friend left you for this, they were never truly a friend.

As far as the gay comment... with the passing of time the evolution of societal norms, expectations, judgements, and acceptance guidelines change. I think our society in general is learning to realize that it isn't what you do in your own bedroom that defines you, so I would hope that most people can look past this as some character flaw. That being said, there are still some people who, perhaps narrow minded, cannot accept this or understand the "why," when the real question they should be asking is ,"Who cares? This has no effect on me whatsoever."

I have no problems with people who are gay... who am I to judge?
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 06:39 AM

If you lost your 'friend' because of your sexuality s/he was never a friend to begin with.

What you have to do now is start concentrating on yourself, NOT other people and NOT your relationship. Just YOU. It is wonderful to be in a relationship that works, but don't hide behind that. Make sure that you know who you are with and without this relationship.

It doesn't matter if the whole world loves you, or hates you. You are you. Who you love, or are attracted to, will not change whether people accept you. People have tried to deny it or hide it for the 'benefit' of others and it never works. They end up miserable.

If you look to the past and all the gay rights activists, they tread the unbeaten path not because they wanted to make a statement or stand away from the norm, they did it because they had no other choice. They were what they were and there was no way of changing that.

Accept who you are and who you love. The people that come into your life after you have done this will be true friends who know you for all of you. That's not to say cast all your friends that you have had for years to the side and start a new life. Just don't allow close-minded people to dictate the way you live your life.
    natalie1987 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2009, 06:48 AM

Personally I have no problem with gay people it's their choice in life and to honest it doesn't affect me in anyway its nothing to be ashamed of.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 07:36 AM

I have met many good people who happen to be gay, and many screwed up folks, who are straight.

Who you share your bed with is not how I judge whether you're a good person or not, how you relate to others is.

Jan 28, 2009, 02:15 PM

Because our . Manager when he first started was saying how lesbian and gays he can't stand them then finding out that we were together he would pick on us all the time
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 04:03 PM

That's illegal, your boss cannot discriminate against you because you're gay.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 05:57 AM

It doesn't stop them so you have a choice fight or flee?

Only you can decide which is the right answer for you.
    bobbalina Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2009, 06:06 AM

My belief is that being 'gay' is wrong... I don't believe in it at all but irionically I have a gay friend but I really don't see her as that... I mean I don't hate them... its just not what God intended on...
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbalina View Post
    my belief is that being 'gay' is wrong...i dont believe in it at all but irionically i have a gay friend but i really dont see her as that...i mean i dont hate them...its just not what God intended on...
    I think you need to re-evaluate your opinion on this. To call something like this wrong kind of peeves me. I respect your opinion, but I also hate when you bring God in this. God didn't intend on abortion, on people killing other people, on people cheating on their significant others... did he(she)? Doubtful. What God did intend is the nature of free will, which makes humans... human.

Please, refrain from calling someone's choice of lifestyle 'wrong.' Last time I checked, being in a position to call someone's basic lifestyle choice "wrong" makes you above anyone else...

I know the OP asked for an honest opinion, so no offense against you... however I don't think it is your place to decide right in wrong in someone else's life.

Carry on... :cool:
    bobbalina Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    I think you need to re-evaluate your opinion on this. To call something like this wrong kind of peeves me. I respect your opinion, but I also hate when you bring God in this. God didn't intend on abortion, on people killing other people, on people cheating on their significant others...did he(she)? Doubtful. What God did intend is the nature of free will, which makes humans...human.

Please, refrain from calling someone's choice of lifestyle 'wrong.' Last time I checked, being in a position to call someone's basic lifestyle choice "wrong" makes you above anyone else...

I know the OP asked for an honest opinion, so no offense against you...however I don't think it is your place to decide right in wrong in someone else's life.

Carry on...:cool:
    it says in the Bilble that being 'gay' is wrong and I will never change my opinion on it... and it's a He, it says it in there too... all that stuff you said that God didn't inntend on it well its not his doing its satan's... your not an atheist are you? God does not hate gay people. God really loves all people. God does hate the homosexual acts. God's son Jesus died so that none, NONE, should perish. God forgives everyone that sins so long as they repent. Repenting is not just saying that you are sorry, it is realizing that it is a sin and trying to not do it again. According to the bible the homosexual acts are a sin. So is lying, cheating, stealing and many, many more things. All of these sins anger God but as a parent He still loves his children.
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2009, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbalina View Post
    it says in the Bilble that being 'gay' is wrong and i will never change my opinion on it...and its a He, it says it in there too...all that stuff you said that God didnt inntend on it well its not his doing its satan's...your not an athiest are you? God does not hate gay people. God really loves all people. God does hate the homosexual acts. God's son Jesus died so that none, NONE, should perish. God forgives everyone that sins so long as they repent. Repenting is not just saying that you are sorry, it is realizing that it is a sin and trying to not do it again. According to the bible the homosexual acts are a sin. So is lying, cheating, stealing and many, many more things. All of these sins anger God but as a parent He still loves his children.
    So... I take it you have met "him" huh? I apologize...

Carry on... :cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me honestly what I should do. [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I want a baby really really REALLY bad!! I've had sex before 3 times so I know what its like, and I don't know I just really want a kid. But I know my parents would litterly KILL me so tell me what I should do! Thanks<3

I honestly don't know what I've done wrong so many times. [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year, living together. He is a bit relentless with the things I have said to him in the past, the times we fought, I just left to avoid a fight. I see now that it really hurt him when I would step outside just to breathe. He has done things to...

Answer honestly [ 3 Answers ]

:) :) do you prefer a woman be feminine, or manly... EXAMPLE: hang out with the guys, or go shopping

Moving on.Honestly, how? [ 4 Answers ]

So here's my story.. I met a boy named brandon, we fell in love and it was perfection at its finest. Its weird, when your with someone, you knows its right.. you feel it, you see it, and you live it. We had the perfect love, late nights and laughs. We dated for over a year, we were eachothers first...

View more questions Search