Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BladeD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 06:34 AM
    USB Status: Foreign
    I trying to use a HD in an external enclosure connected via USB. I get the message about new hareware and it 'sees it as a 'Maxtor 6 B250R0'. But It's available for my use.

I see it in Device Manager. So under properties, volumes tab, I click on populate and comes back with a status of FOREIGN. What does this mean?

There's data on the HD that I'm trying to access. Any ideas on how I can get around this problem?

Thanks!
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 4, 2006, 10:57 AM
    It just means it knows that the disk has been used in another system - http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true

Just right click the disk and select import foreign disk! As long as the disk was not part of a stripe or raid5 set it should show the data properly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 - Foreign Intern [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I started a professional training program in the US last year and it will go on until end of November. My employer gave me a 1099-MISC form but so far I don't know what I have to do. I am beginning to worry as the deadline arrives. What form do I have to fill, what mistakes can I...

Foreign currency [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get a small amount of Italian currency for a gift in Denver,CO

Dual Status Return & Dual Status Statement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE: Just curious, which amount will be refunded to us if we file 1040 as Dual Status Statement & 1040NR as Dual Status Return? Or the total of both? Best, Jesslyn

Foreign accounts [ 1 Answers ]

I do not understand the purpose of form 90-22.1 (foreign accounts). It says to report foreign accounts if their aggregate value is >$10,000 .( I have a GC, so I have to report my worldwide income ). But, in Schedule B for form 1040, one just mentions " yes, I do have a foreign bank account in a...

Foreign f-1 student tax status [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a full-time graduate student from Turkey. I have been living in the US for 7 months. I get a tuition scholarship and a bı-weekly stipend to cover my living expenses. How much federal income tax should I be paying over my stipend? Thank you Ferit

View more questions Search