Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Feritt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 11:07 AM
    Foreign f-1 student tax status
    Hi
    I am a full-time graduate student from Turkey. I have been living in the US for 7 months. I get a tuition scholarship and a bı-weekly stipend to cover my living expenses.
    How much federal income tax should I be paying over my stipend?
    Thank you
    Ferit
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 14, 2006, 05:19 PM
    Feritt:

How much is your stipend? You get a $3,200 personal exemption. If the 2005 stipend total is $3,200 or less, you owe no federal income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB Status: Foreign [ 1 Answers ]

I trying to use a HD in an external enclosure connected via USB. I get the message about new hareware and it 'sees it as a 'Maxtor 6 B250R0'. But It's available for my use. I see it in Device Manager. So under properties, volumes tab, I click on populate and comes back with a status of FOREIGN....

Foreign Tax Credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a GC holder and I lived in 2005 in the US but I got a small amount of wages and interest from a foreign country. I paid taxes on the foreign interest. It seems to be very difficult to fill out necessary forms. I don't know if I need to file the form 1116 to claim the foreign tax...

Dual Status Return & Dual Status Statement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE: Just curious, which amount will be refunded to us if we file 1040 as Dual Status Statement & 1040NR as Dual Status Return? Or the total of both? Best, Jesslyn

Tax return in student status [ 3 Answers ]

Iam currently in H1b and filed taxes for the year 2004 and 2005. I was a student -F1 visa in 2003 and first half of 2004. I didn't know that I had to file tax return since I did not work and not get paid during my entire student year. What is my recousre now, sholud I file tax return for year...

F-1 Foreign Student in USA - can I claim ANY deductions? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm an F-1 visa student form Canada studying in the US. As a non-resident for tax purposes, I don't seem to be eligible to claim any of the credits in pub. 970. Are there any deductions I can claim to increase my return beyond that provided by the standard 1040-EZ? Is there any way I can...

View more questions Search