Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gulep001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 01:05 AM
    If I foreclose my house, do I still need to pay back the loan on my pool?
    I financed a swimming pool outside of my mortgage. If I foreclose my home, am I still responsible to pay back the loan for my pool?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 06:47 AM

Did you sign a contract with a store or contractor? You may want to find out if you have a second mortgage. You will remain liable for accounts and contracts for purchases outside of your mortgage.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 07:53 AM

It is very possible that yes you will,
    gulep001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 07:37 PM
    The loan was set up with the pool contractor (Paddock) and their lender (Keybank). The loan is a home improvement loan that I assume is tied to the house for collateral. How likely is Keybank to come after me?

Here's more facts:

Bought in 2006:

1st mortgage: owe $625k, Wells Fargo
    HELOC: owe $125k, Wells Fargo
    Pool loan: owe $50k, KeyBank

home value per zillow: $400k

If foreclosed, bank will probably not be able to sell to cover first mortgage. How likely will Wells Fargo and Keybank go after deficiency judgment? I live in Nevada.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gulep001 View Post
    The loan was set up with the pool contractor (Paddock) and their lender (Keybank). The loan is a home improvement loan that I assume is tied to the house for collateral. How likely is Keybank to come after me?

Here's more facts:

Bought in 2006:

If foreclosed, bank will probably not be able to sell to cover first mortgage. How likely will Wells Fargo and Keybank go after deficiency judgment? I live in Nevada.
    I guess the final question is how likely if WF and Keybank go after a judgment are you to file for bankruptcy?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 04:21 PM
    The loan is a home improvement loan that I assume is tied to the house for collateral. How likely is Keybank to come after me?

For me, the question is whether you have a filed mortgage securing the purchase and installation of the pool. If not, my guess is that, after foreclosure, you will not hear from the lender.
    sharlynma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 04:21 PM

Here's more facts:

Bought in 2006:

My mom is going through the same process right now. She too lives in Nevada, has a first loan through Nevada State Bank, a second through Wells Fargo, and a pool loan through KeyBank. KeyBank has "written off" her pool loan but is threatening to foreclose on her house. They are also threatening wage garnishment and to freeze her bank account. I do not think it is possible for them to foreclose on the house and collect on the debt at the same time - meaning, I don't think it is possible to foreclose on a property and write off a loan for the same debt. Most likely they are just using any scare tactic to collect. I'm curious if you're having the same experience with KeyBank and if you have any information on whether they can definitely foreclose on her home?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New house, old AG pool, unlevel [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, let me preface this that I have pretty much zero knowledge about pools. I didn't even want a pool, but it came with the house we just bought and the wife and kids really want it. The problem is the pool is seriously out of whack. It is a round pool that we measured at about 30' in...

What happens to the 2nd mortgage loan in California after you foreclose? [ 1 Answers ]

I just received a letter in the mail from (Real Time Resolutions) and they are telling me that I owe my entire 2nd loan to them but they are willing to settle. It was my understanding in California that if your home was your primary residence, had a non-recourse loan on the 1st and 2nd and you...

Renegotiate loan / foreclose due to death in the family [ 3 Answers ]

So here is the situation: In 2003 I co-signed on a loan with my mother to purchase a house (house#1) In 2006 I purchased a home of my own (house#2)and began living there with two roommates. In 2006 my mother was diagnosed with cancer In early 2007 I moved into my mothers residence(house#1) to...

Will my homeowners insurance still pay our losses from our house fire if we foreclose [ 3 Answers ]

We had a garage fire in December and our house has not been rebuilt yet. Our Public Adjuster is working with our Insurance provider and they haven't come to an amount agreement. In the meantime my husband and I are broke and we can't afford our house payments anymore. At the time of purchase we...

Can a creditor foreclose on my house? [ 10 Answers ]

Thanks to everyone for a quick response. I was told today, by an attorney, that if a judgement is placed against me by a credit card company (I have $80k in unsecured debt) that not only can they place a lien on my house, but they can foreclose. How is that possible?

View more questions Search