robiven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 09:04 AM
    Kenmore heavy duty 60 series soft heat large capacity
    Dryer will not heat
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 03:49 PM

ROBIVEN - I can give you 7 reasons!
    #1)- YOU do not have 220VOLTSA.C. comeing in ONLY 110 VOLTS ,Which your dryer will run ,BUT_ it will only run the motor,
    LIGHT,they are 110 volts and the heating element is 220volts.} { #2CLOGGED LINT SCREEN OR VENTS<CHECK THE COMPLETE VENT SYSTEM Through THE OUTSIDE VENT COVER.}{#3-FAULTY THERMOSTAT}[#4- DEFECTIVE TIMER}{#5-FAULTY OVERHEAT PROTECTORS}{ #6-DEFECTIVE HEATER COIL.}{#7-DEFECTIVE CENTRIFUGAL SWITCH<}{TO DO THIS TESTING <YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A ( VOLT-OHM METER)one that you can read at the least 220VOLTS A/C:: YOU CAN GET ONE AT "LOWES OR HOME DEPOT <IN THE ELECTRICAL DEPT FOR ABOUT $10.00,} {NOW FIRST OF ALL - UNPLUG THE POWER CORD FROM THE WALL
    HOW TO TEST EACH PART
    #1-CHECK THE MAIN POWER PANEL ,TO SEE IF YOU HAVE A BREAKER TRIPPED OR A SCREW IN FUSE BLOWN< ON THE DRYER THEY WILL BE TWO FUSES , RESET BREAKER:: ( #2)- TO TEST THE THERMOSTAT
    REMOVE THE TOP CONTROL PANEL AND THE BACK PANEL <SET IT OUT OF THE WAY}[NOW SET YOUR VOLT_OHM METER TO ( RX1 SCALE) LEAVE IT ON THIS SETTING UNLESS I TELL YOU DIFFERENT: NOE TO TEST THE THERMOSTAT- #2A-Disconnect both leads 9 WIRES) from thermostat,clip the probs (FROM THE METER) to the terminals, TURN THE THERMOSTAT TO ANY SETTING ( EXCEP FLUFF
    DRY){ IF meter reads ( ZERO) it is good,IF it reads HIGH <THEN IT IS FAULTY -REPLACE}
    HOOK wires back up you took loose }{#3a-
    TO TEST THE START SWITCH){ #3B-DISCONNECT BOTH HEAVY WIRES FROM THE SWITCH }{CLIP THE METER PROBS TO THE TERMINALS<PRESS THE SWITCH BUTTON{ IF meter reads ( ZERO OHMS), IF it reads high ,it is defective (replace} Hook wires back up } {#4A- { TO TESTTHE TIMER SWITCH-
    { DISCONNECT ONE OF THE WIRES COMEING TO THR SWITCH- Clip the meter probs to the switch terminals:: Turn switch knob to ( NORMAL DRY) IF meter reads ( ZERO OHMS) TIMER is good) if it reads HIGH it is defective ( REPLACE) hookwires back up
    #5A- TESTING THE OVERHEAT PROTECTORS- [ #5B- Disconnect one of the wires- CLIP the meter probs to the terminals: #5C- IF meter reads ( ZERO OHMS ) THE PROTECTOR IS GOOD< IF IT READS HIGH IT IS FAULTY}{ REPLACE}:( NOTE= ON some units there are protectors that have three terminals , on them you connect the meter probs to the two outer terminals:} Also on some units there is
    Another protector on the air outlet duct ;}#6A
    -TO TEST THE HEATER COIL FOR GROUNDING
    #6B- DISCONNECT BOTH wires ,then clip one
    Prob to one of the terminals ,and the other touch the duct the heater is in ;; if the reading is HIGH it is good :if NEEDLE SWINGS TOWARD THE LOW SIDE <IT IS GROUNDED AND NEEDS REPLACED: REPLACE WIRES:}
    #7A- To test heater coil for open circuit.
    B. Disconnect both leads going to heater coil
    C. Insert both probes from your meter
    Terminal.
    D. If meter reads between 8 & 20 ohms,
    Heater oil is good, If it reads high
    (It is defective) Replace.

Hopes this helps with your problem. Have a good day. F.B.E.
    Darochouse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 11:17 AM
    We have a Kenmore 60 Series Soft Heat dryer. The motor buzzes but the drum won't turn. Model 96565210. Any advise?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heating Problem - Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore Heavy Duty 60 Series Soft Heat Model 96565210will not heat on any setting. The dryer runs normally, it just won't heat at all. We did install a new heat element, and that would not heat up. Any help is appreciated!

Kenmore Elite Top load Heavy Duty King Size Capacity Washerwill not agitate or spin [ 1 Answers ]

During a cycle, I smelled something burning. A fuse was thrown and the washer stopped running. When I flipped the power back on and tried to restart the washer (at the spin cycle) there is only a slight humming sound and no movement. The washer will fill but will not agitate. Spin or empty. The...

Kenmore heavy duty 60 series washer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore heavy duty 60 series that will not go into full spin. Sounds like something is rubbing and slowing the basket

Roper heavy duty extra large capacity drier not spinning [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, there. I'm having a problem with my drier: it is blowing hot air, but the drum is not rotating. It was working fine the last time I did laundry, but now all of a sudden, no rotation, and it's not drying the clothing. Has anyone else had this problem, or does anyone know anything I can do...

View more questions Search