Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 20, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Laptop shuts down when put on the table too hard.
    I have a Compaq Presario cq50-115nr notebook PC

The other day, I put my laptop on the table, I guess just a little harder then normal. It shuts down!

It said something about detecting something so it had to shut down to prevent damage.

What's going on? How to I stop this?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 06:42 PM

Be gentler with your laptop, I would have thought that was obvious, take care of it and it will take care of you.

Jan 20, 2009, 06:50 PM

Actually, it's not as you think. I put it down barely hard at all. What I'm trying to say is that my laptop is super sensitive! I noticed that at the time, I put the laptop down the side with the touch pad first!

If I put it down hard, then I would notice, I didn't even notice that I put it down hard... Maybe just a little harder then gentle...
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2009, 06:52 PM

Hmmmm, maybe it was just that 'little harder than gentle' that caused the problem then by causing something to happen that shouldn't have, your laptop sensed this and shut down, or it could almost as likely been a coincidence
    david2k2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 07:40 PM

I think the problem might lied on the ports of the computer. Ex. If the usb ports are touching metal they can cause a shortcircuit. Also, there is something that newwer computer have that makes them shut down if they are dropped, therefore the hard drive might be wrong installed or the software on the computer.

Aug 1, 2009, 09:10 AM

OK, thanks, guys
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Aug 17, 2009, 09:53 PM

I am not sure about the model of computer listed above but many newer laptops like the Apples and several Lavenos have motion detectors than trigger a shutdown if a predetermined G- load is detected. Check with the manufacture this may have been the cause of your shutdown. If not there is a good chance that something is loose or broken connection wise in the computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop shuts down when connecting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a HP pavilion dv2000 and it will go from connected to limited connectivity, then when I disconnect and reconnect it shows me a blue screen with white letters and then shuts down. I am lost, help!

Laptop shuts off wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

I hooked up my buddy's computer to our secured wireless so as to get some updates for him. After doing so his computer shut down our wireless. Why is that?

Laptop hard drive switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have a laptop ibm thinkpad t21 the mother board is gone, operating system is win 2000 pro. I also have an ibm a20m with win98se. This laptop works fine but has a small hard drive. Can I swap the t21 hard drive into the a20m machine?

Laptop hard drive swap? [ 3 Answers ]

My Aunt gave me her old laptop, which works well, but the top will not stay up. It makes it almost impossible to use. My mother bought a used laptop, which is beautiful, but the hard drive is crashing, and so it's almost completely unusable. I was wondering if it would be possible to swap out...

Reformat the hard disk on a laptop PC [ 1 Answers ]

I have reformatted the hard disks on standard PCs. Is it the same for laptops? I am concerned about the battery monitoring systems. Help!?

View more questions Search