Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msfrustrated Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 05:19 PM
    My husband wants a divorce but won't leave until our lease is up.
    Our lease ends in April. According to a chat with his girlfriend, who is also married, as well as being the mother of his first child, he may be keeping our lease beyond April, and he wants to move her in with him when he leaves. He never talks to me so I don't know what he is planning. She used to live in NC and just moved up to WV so she is now less than 2 hours away. He denies that he is involved with her and that that is why he wants a divorce. I would like to be able to leave because I can't deal with the stress, but I have no money, no job and nowhere to go, plus four special needs children to take care of. I don't know what to do. I also think that he is involved with someone else who he has known for over a year and who lives closer to us. I could really use some advice. Thanks.
    Trandy Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2009, 05:58 PM
    If I were you, I'd file... Seek legal advice. Most Attorneys will give you a free consultation. I know in Texas, a woman in your situation can seek and likely get free legal aid for situations such as yours. The first Attorney you talk to can probably point you in the right direction.

Best Wishes
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 06:53 PM

You say you cannot leave. But what is going to happen in April when the lease is up and he stops making the rent payments?
    Time to find someplace and move out. Get a lawyer and if the children are his, take him to the cleaners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my husband to leave? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is making my life a misery, he won't leave the marital home and is emotionally abusing me. He treats my 19yr old daughter the same way and yet treats our 13yr old son fine. I can't take much more I am in my third year as a student nurse and cannot afford to divorce him. He has enough...

I need to leave my husband, but I have no help [ 19 Answers ]

I have been married for 12 years and with my husband for 15. We have 3 fantastic kids ages 6, 7 & 10. They are happy go lucky kids very involved with schools and friends. My husband and I are done. Every day I pray to God to help me leave him, without disturbing the lives of my kids. My kids...

Husband wants divorce and I have to leave country [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My husband is not happy in our marriage and even if I don't agree, he asked me for a divorce after 1 year of marriage and a 6 years relationship. I love him very much and I don't want to do this but I can't stay with him like this.. I'm from Europe and I have a conditional resident green...

Should I leave my husband [ 25 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years and have two young children, I'm finding it hard to keep up with the house work and look after our children and do family day care at home and find time for myself. I continually ask my husband to help out more but he complains that he is to tired...

Lease renewal - roommate hasn't signed new lease but will not leave or pay rent. [ 6 Answers ]

My roommate/best friend and I have lived in the same three bedroom apartment in New Jersey for 4 years. This past year we took in a 3rd roommate that we had met through friends. Upon her moving in the 3rd roommate signed the current lease agreement, which is now due to end in a few days. About...

View more questions Search