Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkallusky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Frost on baseboards
    What does a frost build up mean on the baseboards and ice on bottom inside corner of new windows. We have a new home and have turned the humidity level way down and it is still frosting.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2009, 05:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    What does a frost build up mean on the baseboards and ice on bottom inside corner of new windows. We have a new home and have turned the humidity level way down and it is still frosting.
    I assume it's a dehumidifier that you are turning down. All in All this would try an hide the problem. The baseboard is so cold that is obviously why its frozen. It doesn't take a lot of moisture for that to happen with a good shot of cold airor cold surface. The wall is not insulated well enough and or you are getting cold air penetration into the wall cavity through a bad insulated plate or all the above.
    Check and see if you have outlets close to that frozen spot and cable outlets etc. Feel if there is any cold air movement coming from the. If so they can help to contribute to the problem along with the poor insul to begin with. Also check to feel air movement at the very bottom of the base board and at that point you could try to insulate that gap but the tried and true method is to actually get into the wall its self to check its insul state.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

220 baseboards low heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000w baseboard on a double pole thermostat. It wasn't providing enough heat for the room size so I installed an additional 1500w on another wall. I wired it to the to the main baseboard opposite end from where it is wired to the thermostat with #12 with run of about 16'. They are both...

Installing new Baseboards [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing old BB with new 3 1/4" x 9/16" BB. Walls are drywall with metal studs and concrete floor covered carpet. What is the best size brad or finish nail to use. Will screw the scarf joints into the studs. Thanks in advance.

Replacing baseboards [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a new home and I'm refinishing all the rooms with new sheetrock, flooring etc. I would like to replace the baseboard heating because the fins are all bent up and the covers have many layers of paint on them. My question is how do I release the water from the system so I can...

View more questions Search