Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikesGayle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 04:35 PM
    Unclear of what paragraph #'s to answer on Summons for breach of contract for credit
    I live in San Diego, CA and wish to answer a summons for breach of contract for a credit card. I am unsure of which paragraphs need to be answered. For instance,
    1. Venue is proper in this county and judicial district due to Defendants' residence therein.
    2. The true names and capacitis of Defendants, DOES 1 through 10, inclusive, and each of them, are unknown to the Plaintiff at the present time;...
    3.Plantiff is a national banking corporation, charteer under the laws of the United States of America...
    4. The within action is not subject to the provisions of Section 2981, et seq. (Rees-Levering Act or Section 1801, et seq. (Unruh Act))of the Civil Code of the state of California.
    5. Paragraphs 1 through 4 are incorporated by references in each cause of action alleged hereafter as though fully re-alleged therein.
    Do I have to give an answer to these paragraphs above?

6. First Cause of Action for Account Stated...
    #6 makes sense to me for the one to be answered. Is this correct?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 12, 2009, 04:58 PM

You simply answer that you intend to defend against the suit and request a hearing. You then send a copy to the plaintiff with a request for verification of the debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to answer a summons to collect a credit card debt. [ 4 Answers ]

I received a summons to collect a large credit card debt I cannot pay due to financial hardship. How do I answer when I do owe the money but just have no ability to pay it?

Answer Consumer Credit Transaction Summons [ 1 Answers ]

How do I answer a consumer Credit transaction summons in Poughkeepsie, New York. There is a sheet attached saying that I was provided valadition from the creditor. To my knowledge I was not. Can I answer that I was not served validation? Do I have to answer each numbered item in the Summons? I...

Credit-Breach of Contract [ 4 Answers ]

Just served a summons from a debt collector on a credit card and it states for Breach of Contract. I own no property, get Social Security Check for a disability and only work one-two days a week due to my health. Wrote to the credit card company back in 2004 telling them of my financial...

Breach of Contract [ 4 Answers ]

Buyer A buys a house and a large lot in an upscale neighborhood. The previous owner left the property a mess and Buyer A's new neighbors were delighted by the prospect of Buyer A cleaning up the place. Both neighbors had their homes up for sale and knew that if Buyer A spruced up the house and...

Credit card charge back for breach of contract [ 2 Answers ]

I am disputing charges made on my credit card for services that a consultant promised to provide but did not provide (breach of contract)... a "charge back" was requested by me, and made to the vendor from mastercard. Documentaion was sent by the vendor, and a counter response, and evidence was...

View more questions Search