Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvwgrand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Answer Consumer Credit Transaction Summons
    How do I answer a consumer Credit transaction summons in Poughkeepsie, New York. There is a sheet attached saying that I was provided valadition from the creditor. To my knowledge I was not. Can I answer that I was not served validation? Do I have to answer each numbered item in the Summons? I don't have any supporting documentation but I did pay on the account for a year, so I don't think I can still owe the original amount.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2007, 07:13 AM
    What does the sumons say its for? Does it mention judgement anywhere? Assuming this is a summons to obtain a default udgement, you respond to the court with your intent to Defend. If need be you indicate that you have received no verification of the debt as mentioned in the summons. Send a copy to the plaintif requesting full verification.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I answer a summons from a CA? [ 4 Answers ]

Brand new to this forum. Ran out of advice on another forum and still looking for answers. I was served with a summons from a local lawyer last Thrus. I have until 7/19/07 to file my answer. I'm not sure if it was issued legally or not. I sent them a validation of debt letter well within...

Should I answer the summons to appear or try to settle? [ 1 Answers ]

A summons to appear for an old credit card debt appeared on my door today. I was not officially served the summons, they just taped the first page of it to my door. The summons is for an old credit card debt that was charged off in November of 2004. I pulled my credit report and my last payment...

Home Equity loan or Consumer Credit Counseling [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I need some advice. I have about 52,000 worth of credit card and loan debt. I have a credit score of 680 which was 721. I am currently with a consumer credit counseling service which I have to pay 1200.00 a month for 4 years. Im having a hard time making that payment! My question is should...

Received consumer credit summons- [ 2 Answers ]

I received a summons for credit card debt that was charged off but purchased by a collection agent. I have 30 days to respond with my answer since it was left in my door. That gives me until 3/12. My question is I am going to be claiming bankruptcy but I still need to answer this or I was told by...

View more questions Search