Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayceedavis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 11:39 AM
    verifying trigonometric identities--precalculus
    cosēβ-sinēβ=2cosēβ-1
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 7, 2009, 06:57 PM

You can break it down a multitude of ways. You could substitite 1 with cosē + sinē (when you do, put parenthesis around it). Or you could subtrace cosē from the left, then right side.

Either way would be a good way to start. There are more. What you have up there is almost an identity itself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Again verifying trig identities [ 5 Answers ]

I solved the first one I posted but the second one still gets me I can get to 2sin(X)cos(X)-(sin(X))/(cos(X))=(sin(X))/(cos(X))cos(2X) but I don't know which identity to use for cos(2X) in the left side. the original identity is sin(2X)-tan(X)=tan(X)cos(2X)

Verifying trigonometric equations [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot solve these can anyone help? (sin(a+b))/(sin(a-b))=(tan(a)+tan(b))/(tan(a)-tan(b)) sin(2X)-tan(x)=tan(x)cos(2x)

Verifying trigonometric identities [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone: Could you help me verify these identities: (tan-sin*cos)/sin^2 = tan (1-sin^2-cos^2+sin^2*cos^3)/sin = sin^2*cos^2*cot Thanks in advance, Peter

Verifying Trigonometric ldentities [ 2 Answers ]

Please help! I've been stuck for hours! I need to prove the following identities and I've tried everything and can't get them to work! (the * will stand for theta) .) sin*+cos*cot*=csc* .. ) 1/(1+cos*) + 1/(1-cos*)=2csc2*

Verifying trig identities [ 2 Answers ]

this one has got me stumped can anyone help me please:confused: Verify: _1_ - __cosB__= tanB cosB 1+sinB

View more questions Search