Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jake beggs Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 04:23 PM
    verifying trigonometric equations
    I cannot solve these can anyone help?

(sin(a+b))/(sin(a-b))=(tan(a)+tan(b))/(tan(a)-tan(b))

sin(2X)-tan(x)=tan(x)cos(2x)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 8, 2008, 08:57 AM

Here are some hints:

First one - simply change the tan(a) and tan(b) terms to their sin/cos equivalents, then simplify by multiplying through both the numerator and denominator by a common factor. You will need to know the identities for sin(a+b) and sin(a-b) to finish it out,

For the second - again change tan to sin/cos, and replace the sin(2x) and cos(2x) bits by their equivalent sin and cos expressions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To prove trigonometric equations [ 3 Answers ]

Could you please solve this problem? (cotA + CosecA - 1)/(cotA-cosecA+1) =(1+cosA)/sinA I have to prove that LHS = RHS.

Verifying trigonometric identities [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone: Could you help me verify these identities: (tan-sin*cos)/sin^2 = tan (1-sin^2-cos^2+sin^2*cos^3)/sin = sin^2*cos^2*cot Thanks in advance, Peter

Verifying Trigonometric ldentities [ 2 Answers ]

Please help! I've been stuck for hours! I need to prove the following identities and I've tried everything and can't get them to work! (the * will stand for theta) .) sin*+cos*cot*=csc* .. ) 1/(1+cos*) + 1/(1-cos*)=2csc2*

Solving Trigonometric Equations [ 1 Answers ]

solve: 3sin^2x-cos^2x=0 4sin^2x-3=0

Solving trigonometric equations [ 1 Answers ]

Prove: sin^3 X+cos^4 X=1 Here is what I have done so far: Prrof: sin^3x+cos^4x=1 sin^3x=1-cos^4x sin^3x=(1-cos^2x)(1+cos^2x) sin^3x=sin^2x(1+cos^2x) sin^3x-=0

View more questions Search