Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samili Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2009, 12:15 AM
    Friend Lost
    I live in a hostel. I am in my final year of college. I had a very good friend. We used to tell each other everything. Unfortunately, I started feeling jealous of her. Her achievements, her grades etc. In a fit of jealousy, I would say something hurting, then I would be remorseful and apologize and promise not to do it again but the promise was always broken. Last year she started remaining aloof from me and stopped telling me everything. That made me get distressed and I said more hurting words and tried apologizing again. But I have also helped her a lot in my four years here and wished well for her. I really care for her. But now she wants me to leave her alone. She doesn't talk to me at all. There are only four months of college life left for me. I want us to become best friends again and part that way. Please tell me if there is anything I can do for that. Talking to her is out of question because she throws me out of her room as soon as she sees me.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 8, 2009, 09:18 PM
    That is a sad situation.

But, I think that she has made it quite clear that there will be no resumption of the friendship, even a little bit.

The only thing I can suggest, is to give her time and space. I'm sure she realizes that you are sorry, but perhaps it's just too little and too late. Sometimes you cannot mend fenses, and you have to respect her wishes.

On the plus side, you have learned, and know what you did wrong, and why this all happened. While you shouldn't beat yourself up about it, it is a valuable lesson so that future friendships won't suffer the same fate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost a friend [ 6 Answers ]

So I had this friend. We were really close I told her everything about me. I trusted her just as much as I do my boyfriend. The only 2 people in this world that I trusted 100%. Well she ended up telling her boyfriend (my cousin) some of the things she promised me she wouldn't tell anyone. And she...

Lost friend [ 4 Answers ]

I Need help finding an old friend his name is Michael Leslie Harley age 54 area code(360) zip code 98382 he lives in Sequim Washinton. 10$ for ligitiment info adderess--- --telephone #-------E-mail address!! Send info to [email protected] Thanks Steve

I lost my best friend. [ 10 Answers ]

I just thought I would share my story... 8 days ago on Monday I lost my best friend, my pet cockatiel Louie and I have been devastated since than. He flew out the door that was cracked and I immediately went searching for him and I also had hundreds of fliers made up to put in the...

I have lost a friend [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I have lost a friend who I would really like to contact again. His name is Colin Watts and he is now 23 years old. His birthday is on 11th October 1982/1983. He lives in Wigan and he used to live at 36B Charles Street in Wigan but got kicked out and I don't know where to find him now. Please...

View more questions Search