Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gajja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 01:12 AM
    What kind of furniture to buy
    Hi, I am palnning to go for a new furniture set what kind of furniture to buy that is wooden furniture or powder coated or the leather once. My budget suits the wooden furniture but how to know that seller is give me a best quality wood we saw some and decided to go for gum wood(aqesia wood) furniture will that be right option
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 02:29 AM

Hi, gajja!

One thing that I do for people is that I go with them to help with the selection of furniture. Since I've been in the furniture refinishing business for many years, I know what is good and bad concerning construction of the furniture.

My suggestion would be to find someone who is also in the same profession as I who would be willing to go with you, for a hopefully small fee, to help you to select as well as inspect the furniture so that you know that you're getting the best value for what you're spending on it. It could be that someone in the furniture refinishing business might not have ever considered doing that sort of thing and might welcome the opportunity to do so.

Another suggestion would be that you could get the wooden furniture and maybe cover it in the fabric of your choice to save some money. In general, leather coated furniture most likely will last the longest given that the construction of the wood portions of it are sound and well-made.

Just my thoughts on this...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glue on furniture [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove the glue from tape that was on my furniture when I bought it?

New furniture [ 5 Answers ]

We are in need of new furniture how ever my mother keeps putting off buying it because of the material. We are in desperate need of furniture with material that does not overly attract dog hair. Any ideas of material that does not attract dog hair?

How to make my furniture look old. [ 28 Answers ]

I've just painted some furniture that I had made of pine like a set of coffee and end tables, a jelly cabinet and a bench. I put two coats of paint on and I'm thinking I should have just put one and then sanded. The paint is a water based enamel and I'm wondering what the best method is to use. ...

Furniture bugs [ 1 Answers ]

How to get rid off those bugs in mattresses or sofas that cause itchy red bumps?

View more questions Search