Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RaisRahim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 07:56 PM
    Pump selection calculation
    How to calculate whether the pump I'm using is suitable for my system? I want to fill a water tank from a river to the tank up hill. The head from the pump to the tank is approx. 50meter. The distance and pipe I'm going to lay is approx. 100meter from pump to the tank. Which mean approx. 45deg diagnal. I'm using a 1inch size poly pipe to bring the water from pump to the tank. Is it OK to use a 6.5hp pump? Any help in calculation?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 03:35 AM
    Maybe in your excitement you forgot something
    What is the GPH and the LIFT rating on your pump there's your answer.
    You ask if the pump you are using will do the job. If you can't provide pump info as said above then it's a wash. The best if the best engineers could never answer your question with out pump ratings.

Happy New Year!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pump calculation [ 12 Answers ]

How can I know that the selection water booster pump is suitable for the system?

Pump Selection software [ 2 Answers ]

Is any free pump selection software available which provide kw, flow, pump type, etc?

Pump head calculation? [ 3 Answers ]

The airconditioning air cooled chiller of 75tr are 2 no"s on second floor terrace level & AHU"s are at first floor level & each floor level height is 15 ft. totally there are 14 AHU"s. I want to know below specified calcucaltions? FOR CLOSED PIPE SYSTEM what is the pump head? what is...

View more questions Search