Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigMurr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Heat pump: fan does not run with fan set to 'on' position
    I have a heat pump system and a programmable thermostat. The system runs fine, in heat or cool mode, with the fan set to 'auto'. It will not run (no fan) in heat or cool mode with the fan setting set to 'on'.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 05:38 PM

Most likely the fan only wire is not connected or connected properly. Has this always been a problem or is it a new problem.

Just curious, why would you want the fan to run continuous.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2008, 09:35 PM

Some people are like that,, I wonder why also,
    Some seem to think that recycling the indoor air saves money
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 04:19 PM

I can see some reasons for it, but I have found the most profound outcome is shortened life of motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 kia sephia fuel pump does not power up in the key on position [ 3 Answers ]

While trouble shooting a misfire problem I have found that the fuel pump does not power up when the key is in the on position as it should. Confirmed no pressure in fuel rail. However the car starts and runs and when engine is running there is low normal pressure of 46 psi. Anyone know why the fuel...

Blower not shutting off, heat comes on while in off position [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, The blower motor will not shut off unless done at the breaker. It will stay on even in "auto" position and when heat is not on. What's really weird is that last night even though the unit was in "off" position the heat actually come on during the night to the tempature that was set......

Shower Pump position problem? [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure on one thing, is it possible to install a 2 bar shower pump in the loft that is above the shower head? As the cold water is fed from septic tank in the loft so the cold water will be above the pump by 30cm or so and the hot water is coming from storage tank below it say 1m or 2m below...

Shower Pump position problem? [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure on one thing, is it possible to install a 2 bar shower pump in the loft that is above the shower head? As the cold water is fed from Cold Water Loft Tank in the loft so the cold water will be above the pump by 30cm or so and the hot water is coming from storage tank below it say 1m or...

View more questions Search