Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jocey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 10:39 PM
    Trouble shooting the hot water boiler
    We have hot water heating and when the boiler comes on after a few minutes when it is shutting down it makes a weird noise. Can you let me know why this is happening
    Thanks
    Jocey
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2008, 10:45 PM

Can you sit it out, close up and try to tell us where the noise is coming from,, the boiler itself,, the pipes maybe,, more info would help

Dec 26, 2008, 10:53 PM
    The noise is coming directly from the boiler
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2008, 11:06 PM

Without being there its hard to guess,, is it a metal to metal rattle? Is it a sound that maybe a small explosion like when the gas goes out,, is it even a gas fired boiler or oil burner maybe
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2008, 11:07 PM
    Maybe a clanging sound from a damper closing,, does it keep you awake (very loud) kind of noise

Dec 27, 2008, 08:27 AM
    NO, it is not a metal to metal sound. It is just probably when the damper is closing it is more a screechy sound. Then ithe boiler stops, it is a gas boiler.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble shooting Rheem hot water heater [ 13 Answers ]

How do I figure out what part is wrong with my Rheem Power Vent S/N 1094 D22371: which is powered by the RobertShawcontrols. The water heater won't turn on the gas to heat it up. I think it's the Ingition Control Justiceair

Furnace Trouble shooting [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Coleman Evcon Furnace. Model #15020A the problem is I replaced the Inducer motor, and The furnace starts like normal but then the flames goes out after about a minute or two. The LED light says the Pressure switch is stuck open but it seems fine. I tried to replace the PC board but can't...

Trouble shooting GMP Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gmp075-4 gas fired furnace, I just replaced the gas valve and the thing starts up fine but when the burner fires and the hot bar goes out the burner goes out any ideas? Limit switch maybe ?

Trouble shooting a/c unit [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find out if a capaciter is bad or starter on a/c unit

Trouble shooting a 3phase system [ 10 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a 480 VAC 3 phase ungrounded system. We monitor the system via a set of lights for each phase. If one phase goes to ground then that light should glow bright. In my case I have the B phase light out completely. While trouble shooting the problem I found which disconnect switch was...

View more questions Search