Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuong721 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 03:22 PM
    How to Repaire Broken Pipes inside drywall?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 03:29 PM

Is the pipe Copper, galvanize, PVC or pex?

Dec 25, 2008, 03:33 PM

I don't know? I need to cut the drywall to find out. Do you know how to find it without cut the drywall out?

Please help

Cuong
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 03:42 PM

How did you find that it is leaking?
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 03:48 PM

Most pipes inside the drywall are copper, but lately they are using pex pipes, if it is copper it is a bit hard and if it is pex it is very easy to fix, good luck.

John

Dec 25, 2008, 03:49 PM

The weather so cold and it made the water pipe inside the drywall broken then the water come out from the wall and flooding the carpet in the living room and the kitchen area.
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 03:51 PM

In this case you need to open the wall and locate the leak and the type of pipe and we will tell you how to fix it, Thanks.

John
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 25, 2008, 04:17 PM

Follow Afaroo's advice. Looks like you will have to open the wall to locate, expose, and identify the leak. It can be pressurized water leak or drain leak. Don't forget: water travels. It can leak anywhere from the ceiling down to the floor. Do exploratory cuts and get back to us with results. Fortunately, drywall is easy to fix.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 25, 2008, 05:30 PM

You have opened two threads on this. Please stick to just one. These answers are dead on. Good luck and let us know when you locate leak. Looking ahead, when the leak is fixed you will need to fix the cold air problem that caused the broken pipes in the first place. Insulating, heat taping, or rerouting of water lines, may be necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Something broken inside my tub shower single handle faucet [ 8 Answers ]

This morning I noticed something strange with the faucet in my tub. It is a single handle tub shower faucet made by Moen. Rather then starting with the handle down in the off position and turning anti-clockwise to turn on, I need to turn it clockwise to turn on and anti-clockwise to turn off with...

How to Repaire Broken Pipes inside drywall? [ 4 Answers ]

Aftermath of Broken Waste pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Just repaired broken castiron pipes under the house and pumped out a lot of grey water. Now as the dirt tends to dry we are having a problem with the smell still! It is a mildue/raw sewage smell. We heard of dropping cat litter down but I wanted some other advise before trying that. Please help!!

Broken Toilet Vent Stack inside wall? [ 4 Answers ]

We had a leak in our roof. The roofer said it occurred at the one of the exits for the vent stacks on the roof and fixed it. However, he "fixed" all the others. Right after he left I went to flush one of the toilets and it now sounds as if we are next to niagara falls. The bathroom backs up...

House broken dog peeing inside [ 16 Answers ]

Our six year old cocker spaniel is house broken and has a pet door to let herself out when she needs, randomly peed in the living room tonight. I think she might have been mad at me for not letting her on the bed.

View more questions Search