Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianna1732 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2008, 10:17 PM
    Regret from past relationship
    I can't believe I am writing this. I have been married for 22 years to a loving husband and we have 2 wonderful children. I plan on staying married to him for the rest of my life. My situation is that I have regrets over a past relationship with a boyfriend from 25 years ago. I heard he was divorced and I just had to see him. So I got in touch with him and we had 2 lunches. My husband knew about both lunches as I wanted to be honest with him. I just didn't explain the emotional toll it took on my heart. It was obvious that the connection between he and I was still there. Nothing happened, but it scared me and am confident it scared him too. We haven't been in touch since.

I am filled with an incredible amount of regret over what didn't happen between he and I "back then". I wish we could talk, there's so much I want to say and ask, but am afraid of where it would lead us and I will not allow myself to be unfaithful. My question is how can I get over this? I feel like I'm living a double life. The regret and sadness is overwhelming at times and I wish I could get him out of my mind. It's been 2 years and this broken hearted pain will not go away. I need to get back to my life and these unresolved feelings of sadness will not pass. Perhaps it's a mid-life crisis? Whatever the case, I need to get past this and I simply do not know how. Even prayer hasn't worked.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 10:25 PM

Don't live your life in regrets and what ifs and maybes.

Its so easy to look back on life and go we should have could have.

What matters is that those actions has led you to a wonderful husband and great kids.

Stay with what is Real and true.
    And not make a fake reality in your head over past loves
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 15, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Continue to stay away from him, and out of contact ,and look around at your blessings, whenever you think your missing something. My exes have always haunted me over the years, and it will pass, and be glad you only have one to worry about. I have several, and they just keep taking turns, and it never ends. ARGH!
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Dec 16, 2008, 01:41 AM

Cut the ties with the ex.

Really, you have 2 kids ALREADY.

Don't mess their lives by going back to the past.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Past relationship [ 2 Answers ]

I keep having dreams of my ex lover, that we were back together?:rolleyes: :confused:

About my past relationship? [ 6 Answers ]

I lost my virginity,when I was 17 years old,and for 1 year,were always making out and having sex with my ex-boyfriend.But 6 years from now,I've never had a sex with the other guy.Until I've met my fiancé,and were decided to getting married soon.And I don't want him to find out that I'm not a...

Past relationship [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to know if in present relationship you should talk about your past relationship or x girlfriend or boyfriend always? I think is not because its already your past and if she or he talk about it before you should not repeat it that conversation about your x or past relationship again for...

My Past Relationship. [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I was in a relationship for 3 months. It started as hanging out together a couplle days a week... He asked for the relationship more than once. I said no the first time. To me he was rushing so I made him wait. Finally I said yes. It was sweet, met the family (he has a daughter as well)...

View more questions Search