Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justintime Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Goodman Furnace Model GMPN060-3 Three Blinks Diagnostics.
    I have a Goodman Furnace Model GMPN060-3. I get three blinks biagnostic code. I changed venter (motor assembly) and pressure switch. Still the same three blinks. Moisture drain path is clean and free of debries. After the new parts, furnace started once, but would not start again -- same three blinks. Reset all power switches and waited overnight for things to reset, but still will not start i.e. three blinks. Blower fan is OK, runs on manual. Replaced new filter.

When the problem first started the problem was intermitent. Furnace would start only in the morning when everything was cold. When it had gone through one cycle it would not start again but give the three blinks. So I changed the pressure switch (1.19", part B13701-48) and the venter assembly (Fasco 7021-9087) based on inside panel diagnostic guidance.

Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 04:44 PM

Have you checked all vent pipe from start to finish for any obstructions?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

Check the square multi-connector at the main circuit board-unplug and reconnect it a few times to "scrub off" the pins and sockets. I hate to say it, but the circuit board on these units is a real egg-vulnerable to oxidation and premature failure. Also check the exhaust vent for sags and/or trapped water.
    justintime Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the guidance from this forum. I checked the venting and found blockage due to bee hive (yellow jackets?? ) nest remnants. The furnace pipes exhaust in the back yard where we have a bee problem. Thanks for your feed back and suggestions. It avoided me a costly call from the repair person.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 27, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Check the square multi-connector at the main circuit board-unplug and reconnect it a few times to "scrub off" the pins and sockets. I hate to say it, but the circuit board on these units is a real egg-vulnerable to oxidation and premature failure. Also check the exhaust vent for sags and/or trapped water.
    Goodman basher! :p
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 27, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justintime View Post
    It avoided me a costly call from the repair person.
    It may have saved you a service call but you more than likely changed out parts that didn't need to be changed. The money you wasted randomly changing out parts probably would have covered a service tech finding your problem and solving it, the difference is that the route you took just took longer.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 06:16 PM

I wonder why the yellow jackets picked on a janitrol furnace,, some would say it was the fought of the furnace,, could have happened to any brand but since goodman is second largest un-advertized heating and a/c company in the world, they have more equipment in more homes, so I guess the percentages of something going wrong would be high also,, more red apples than yellow apples,, so more red apples to get chewed on
    cmaksymchuk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 04:18 AM
    So its 5 in the AM here... my little girl was up twice last night for what I thought no good reason... until I realized it was pretty cold in our new house. Thermo was set to 71, house was 65. No experience with furnaces but went down stairs to check. We have a high efficiency keep rite furnace and the diagnostic code was beeping 3 times. The front cover said something about a pressure switch so took off the cover. No idea what to do next, googled

furnace diagnostic 3 flashes no heat
    This was the first result page in the list. Went immediately outside and cleared a massive snow drift from my furnace air intake (it was completely 100% buried in snow). Turned on my breaker, turned on the thermostat control... regular heartbeat diagnostic code and she's pumpin heat like a hot damn. Can't thank you all enough... the power of people sharing information is enough to keep my family warm tonight.

Cheers,

Cory

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace Model GMPN100-4--No Heat [ 3 Answers ]

The inducer fan motor starts,the hot surface igniter heats up and the gas valve opens producing a nice blue flame for 3 or 4 seconds and the gas valve shuts off. There are no red flashing lights to indicate a problem with any components. This unit was built around 1993. Any ideas on what might be...

Goodman GMS91155DXA LED blinks 3 times [ 6 Answers ]

First a bit of history: The furnace is almost 2 years old and worked all of last winter without any problems. Based on the information in the manual and some things I gleaned online, I replaced the pressure switch. Worked great ran all of last night and then starting this morning I get the same...

Goodman gmp board blinks three times [ 13 Answers ]

Blinks three times My goodman furnace does not ignite the HSI, and the board blinks three times. Is this the pressure switch or rollover, or perhaps something else

Goodman GMPN060-3 Blower Cycles [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in my house for 5 years when the thermostat calls for heat, the inducer blower comes on and almost immediately I hear the pressure switch click and then the relay on the main board clicks and the inducer blower goes off. This happens over and over for a couple of minutes and finally...

View more questions Search