Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunshine1945 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Foreclosure on Modular Home on our Property
    We have a modular home on our own property. It has been there for 10 years. We are letting them foreclose on the home and it is attached to really nice decks etc. We are told that they will come and get it and pull it out and it is our responsibility to take the decks that are attached to the home off. They also said that if the electricity was still on that they would not call the electric company to have them come and disconnect it. This is a place we've had for years and we live in another state. Can they come at any time to do this and not let us know. I have done all the calling just to try and find out when they will come for it. The Lenders are the famous GreenTree Group. Buying through a company like GreenTree you deal with yo yo's and we just started missing our payments which are $385 since all of this economy went to the dogs. Of course for 10 years only $64 has gone to the principal and we still owe $28,000 on it and bought it for $37,000 in 1998. What should we do legally to keep them from distroying the decks etc. I'm attaching a picture of the home. Thanks so much.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 05:46 PM

A true modular home is generally on either a crawlspace or a basement. If the home is up on cinderblocks that is not a modular home. Yes, they can come and take it apart at any time they so wish if it is on your property. The only way to keep your decks from being ruined would be to remove them as soon as possible as the workmen that the bank sends are not going to care how they move them out of the way. As far as them calling the electric company, legally the bank has to hire a licensed electrician to properly disconnect the home from the electric power. This type of thing is usually done by the crew that does the dismantling of the home in preparation for transporting off the site. A good idea would be to cancel the electric service to this home so there is no live electric available for the workmen to use. They usually bring their own generators to the jobsite for dismantling purposes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modular home furnace constantly on and off [ 1 Answers ]

We have a rather large modular home at 1800 sq ft. I don't know the name or model of the furnace, but I know it is 4 years old. It is rather skinny/tall unit that is in a closet behind a bifold door right in the middle of the house. The constant on and off this thing is already driving me crazy...

New modular home,200 amp,under ground condiut. [ 10 Answers ]

We are putting in a mondular home for my daughter and soninlaw.We are going underground from our pole 450 ft to the home.The home has a propane furnace and a 2 ton heatpump (lenox).What size cable do we need and cooper or aluminium.I've been told to different cables so far.We are in British...

Modular home [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a bathroom ceiling light to work with my existing fan, the opening in the ceilling is 7.5" x 7.5" and will the existing wiring to the fan be OK to power up the light

Can you negotiate price on a modular home? [ 1 Answers ]

This may seems silly, but does anyone know or have experience in negotiating pricing on a modular home design. This isn't your mamas double wide but rather a 2K+ sqft home. The builder has provided their price on the home and I wanted to know if there was wiggle room. Thanks!

Opinion on buying a Modular Home [ 13 Answers ]

Hi there, What do you think about buying a modular as the first time home buyer? Will it deprecite the value, any advice, experience is welcome!:) Thank you!

View more questions Search