Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thunder333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Snowblower - electric start
    The electric start on my Ariens snowblower worked yesterday but today it just whirs and the engine doesn't catch. What needs to be done? Thanks for your help.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Dec 12, 2008, 06:35 PM

Hi,
    A bit of lubricant on the bendix assuming that the starter gear inself is healthy. What brand of engine, usually Tecumseh with that brand and generally the gear is stuck on the spiral bendix.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snowblower won't start, made bad noise using electric, pull cord now hard to pull. [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to start my snowblower today and it wouldn't start. I decided to try the electric start, plugged it in, hit the start button and all it made was a spinny grinding noise. Unplugged it, and tried to start it manually with pull cord again. The cord would not pull without lots of effort and...

Snowblower won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I used my Ariens snowblower twice today as we had steady snowfall. When I went to use it this evening, I topped up the gas, connected a power source, opened the choke and hit the power button. For more than 20 minutes the motor would not catch. Having thought I flooded it, I shovelled the snow...

Honda HS724 Snowblower won't start [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Honda snowblower HS724 which was only used 2 or 3 times a couple years ago. 3 months ago I started it, backed it out the shed and put it back in. Let it sit again until a week ago (and yes there was gas in it). Now it won't start. Here is what I have done per instructions from just about...

SnowBlower will not start [ 5 Answers ]

Craftsman snow blower, model #536884822 will not start. First time in 12 years. Have replaced spark plug, gas, used fuel start spary on carb and still no start. Help!

View more questions Search