Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    entrenous80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Starting Birth Control and Periods
    I stopped taking birth control pills about 3 months ago. I am going to see mylong distance boyfriend in a month and I want to start taking birth controlagain so that we don't have to use condoms and also so that I can be assured Iwon't get my period (as I'm very irregular now and I want to be able to have sexwhen I see him). If I restart birth control this coming Monday should I be safeto have sex and should I be able to control when I get my period?

Please Help!! My boyfriend is 15 hours away and its very important that we can have sex.
    ingrid119 Posts: 63, Reputation: 9

Dec 7, 2008, 03:07 AM

I know that birth control starts working as "birth control" after taking it for 7 days so you should be fine but the avoiding your period thing depends on the person. I have very regular periods and I started first taking birth control a little over a week before my period but since it wasn't in my system long enough I ended up having it anyway. If it is going to happen in a month, like your visit, you should probably be fine but you might want to cross your fingers because you never know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

Starting Birth Control [ 2 Answers ]

I was prescribed birth control today Low-Ogesterol a generic for Lo-Ovral. My period is very irregular and unpredictable so I can't start it on the first day or a week after. So i took the first pill today. How long do i have to wait until I can start having sex without a condom and prevent...

Birth control shot and no periods. Could I be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I had my last period end of November, got my first birth control shot (Depo pro something) on the first of December. My doctor told me to wait a week at least to have sex. I didn't have sex until the 23rd of December to be safe and he pulled out. And it is now January 12 and I still haven't got my...

View more questions Search