Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meditatingmoose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 01:15 AM
    birth control shot and no periods. Could i be pregnant?
    I had my last period end of November, got my first birth control shot (Depo pro something) on the first of December. My doctor told me to wait a week at least to have sex. I didn't have sex until the 23rd of December to be safe and he pulled out. And it is now January 12 and I still haven't got my period. I know that the shot is supposed to cause random bleedings. I haven't had any of those at all. No cramps no bleeding. Should I be worried about pregnancy or should I be OK? Thank you so much I have been freaking out.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2008, 01:36 AM
    The Depo is working. Take a pregnancy test to reassure yourself. It's a slight possibility that you are pregnant, I don't think so.
    meditatingmoose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 01:48 AM
    I think I will get a test. Think I should make an appointment at the clinic still? When I got the shot the doctor said that my periods would slowly diminish not stop immediately. That is why I freaked out and I know a lot of users have their periods diminish slowly. Still think I'm OK?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 03:05 PM
    One of the major side effects of Depo Provera is no bleeding at all. While some women have random bleeding, some tend to bleed profusely, it is very well known that more women don't bleed at all.

take the test, but chances are you will be one of those women who do not have periods while on depo.
    xxsamxx110 Posts: 104, Reputation: 0

Jan 14, 2008, 03:38 PM
    I'm also on the depo-provera shot. I have no periods and haven't for a few years this is a common side effect of the shot and not to be worried about. I have occasional spot bleeding but that is it. Your doctor should have provided a leaflet that is provided with the injection when it was given to you. If you are still not sure do a HPT or ask your doctor. Hope that help and feel free to leave me a message if you want anymore info.
    and24 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Jan 14, 2008, 08:03 PM
    The Depo shot can have varying effects on women. When I was on it, I was told I wouldn't get a period at all. Unfortunately, I spotted the entire time I was on it, it's one of the birth control methods that effects all women differently.
    You're probably not pregnant, but to put your mind at ease, you could take a test. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get pregnant while on the birth control shot [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend been having unprotected sex I only had took two shots seen I been on the birth control.every 3months is when I get the shot.how can I get pregnant?:mad:

Deprovera shot (Birth Control) [ 4 Answers ]

I was wandering if it was normal for deprovera to act up. I have not had a period since I took my first depo shot and I didn't know if that was normal! I haven't had any of the symptoms like gaining weight, but I am worried I was supposed to have already had my period?

Birth control shot [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to have dizziness and larger blood clots while using the depo shot?

Birth control shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take for the birth control shot to start working?

Birth control shot [ 4 Answers ]

I got the birth control depo shot 6 months ago and I haven't had another one can I get pregnant yet?

View more questions Search