Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessica_stagner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2006, 06:42 AM
    I picked up a pregnant stray yesterday
    I live in the desert and it was 127 yesterday and I seen a stray cat outside a truck stop. She is as big as a house. So I decided it's too hot to let her stay in this heat so I took her home. Well anyway she was acting very sweet and loving and later last night she started hissing at everyone that opened the door to the room I put her in and she has been howling. My question is could she be in labor? I tried checking her nipples and they are leaking milk. I don't know if she is in labor or not and if she is I would like to stay in there with her for the fact she's been on the streets for awhile and you can tell she hasn't been eating. What should I do?:confused:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2006, 07:15 AM
    Hi,
    Do you know a Vet? Sounds like a good time to call one, maybe even take her to a Vet.
    I am sure some with more experience with cats will answer your question.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    It was really nice of you to bring her home with you.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 4, 2006, 07:33 AM
    Staying with her may be too much. You have a tough dilemma in managing a stray cat who may be extra aloof or even hostile in this process. I would leave her alone unless you are prepared to take her to a vet. What an ordeal that will be though... a cat in labour taking a trip to the vet, wear over mitts! She would have been alone in the streets too, remember. But if she is in trouble, the vet will know a way around her hostility better than you do, especially if you find the vet through the feral cat people. Look for them - the ones who capture stray and wild cats and have them neutered? You may want some advice from them about taming a cat on the wild side even after the kittens arrive. I know they were a wealth of information when I adopted my two cats (see pic) from them. You might find them through the bigger pet stores - sometimes they display their cats there. I hope all turns out well for the delivery and if I were you, I would go slow with acquaintencing yourself with the new mama and her babies too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant Stray Cat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi... About a week ago, my kids and I discovered a stray cat at my ex's house. She HAS to be pregnant because of the way her belly looks. I grew up with cats and she's one of the friendliest I've ever seen! It seems when I call her, she comes from the garage, so I've made a "nest" of old...

Stray cat- is she pregnant or did she have kittens already? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Four days ago I stumbed upon a small cat who appears to be pregnant. She is very sweet, skinny, and hungry. I fed her outside for about 3 days and just decided to bring her inside today. My concern is whether she has had kittens or is still pregnant. I couldn't find kittens anywhere, but...

Auto sprinkler - works yesterday, not today? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I finally programmed my sprinkler system correctly and it worked yesterday afternoon - went through all six zones with no problem. This morning it did not start. The controller was going through the zones, but the pump never started. We had wasps move into our pump start relay last...

I think the stray dog is pregnant,how do I tell? [ 4 Answers ]

there has been a stray lab outside my house for the past 2 days, and we have tried feeding it but it won't eat, it only drinks a little water every now and then. i'm thinking that it is pregnant, but i can't tell. can someone help me?? also, i want to let it stay in our yard, but i already have...

Pregnant stray [ 7 Answers ]

We've had a pregnant stray hanging around for a little over a month now. We've been feeding her and provided a crate in the garage hoping she would opt to have the kittens in there. She's very friendly and loves all the attentions she's been getting. Today, we ddn't see her for most of the day...

View more questions Search