Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinpan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2006, 06:14 PM
    Toshiba Laptop Backlight get dark
    Hi,

My Laptop: Toshiba Satellite 1115 - S103 Backlight get dark even I've already tried to adjust the brightness to max. light but it is still dark.
    I connected an external monitor to my Laptop then it displays normal (very bright).
    I've heard from friends that the inverter (what's this?) is defective.
    How can I disassemble the LCD and replace the parts. Where I can I buy the parts?
    Could the experts help me to solve the problem and I'll try to fix it myself so that I can learn more from Laptop.

Thanks.

KevPan.
    sypherecho Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpan
    Hi,

My Laptop: Toshiba Satellite 1115 - S103 Back light get dark even I've already tried to adjust the brightness to max. light but it is still dark.
    I connected an external monitor to my Laptop then it displays normal (very bright).
    I've heard from friends that the inverter (what's this?) is defective.
    How can I disassemble the LCD and replace the parts. Where I can I buy the parts?
    Could the experts help me to solve the problem and I'll try to fix it myself so that I can learn more from Laptop.

Thanks.

KevPan.
    You need to know that this is a back light problem not an inverter problem. If you know how to replace and repair parts of the laptop just call Toshiba Technical Support and ask for the number of Toshiba National Parts Depot. If your not that savvy enough in repairing a computer my best suggestion is bring your laptop to an Authorized Repair Shop.
    rk7248 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Backlight need to be replaced as it is dying. E-mail me I can help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Backlight Burned Out [ 1 Answers ]

My 2003 Honda Accord EX has a problem with the backlighting on the radio and the ac controls. All the lights have gone out, but everything else on it seems to work still. I have looked for a blown fuse but could not find one. Any suggestions?

Opening a Toshiba [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba Satellite A10 that I need to access the motherboard on but I cannot get the bottom off. I have removed every screw I can see but there looks to be some underneath the keyboard. Has anybody else had this problem and if so how do you get them apart? Thanks

Toshiba Laptop BIOS Password Cracker [ 15 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop. The Laptop has a BIOS password that I didn't know. When my company bought it for me it was set by a password. No one knows what the password is. Could you please Help me on this. I've tried a lot including resetin by using the parellel port....

Toshiba Modem Driver [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking for a Modem driver for a Toshiba protégé 660CDT. Does anyone know where I can find one? Also, how do I install it once I have it? I'm not very familiar with drivers, so any information anyone can give me is much appreciated! Thanks! -Beth

View more questions Search