Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 30, 2006, 06:42 AM
    Second chance kitten... again
    As most of you have read we recently got another kitten due to pure luck. When we got her we didn't realise that her tail tip was broken and dead. Well yesterday it looked as if it was about to fall off and I told my hubby that we needed to take her to the vet again to deal with that. In the space of an hour after he got home we found that the tip *about an inch* of her tail have indeed fallen off. She seems much happier now and is playing and everything. I put some neosporin on it to help prevent infection. I just want to know since everything seems to be all right and she's happier now than when she had to drag the dead weight around should we even take her to the vet. I believe that they will probably tell me to do the same thing we're already doing. I don't want to tramatize her too greatly as she has already been through enough. As for my other two fixed tom cats she rules over them in the house... lol... it's funny to watch a two pound kitten bully out ten plus pound tom cat and get away with it... lol. Let me know what you think.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 30, 2006, 06:55 AM
    Oh happy news! Chance is indeed a lucky kitty. Be sure to examine her tail often as you apply the Neosporin, touching all of it to the end carefully to see that all is well there, no pain, no hotness, no funny business. I am reluctant to take our cats to the vet as they are just so traumatised by it too. My wonderful vet knows this so he helps by giving me extra instructions and leeway on the phone. Its funny though, our dog LOVES to go to see "Dr Chucky" - to see them together you would think something was up there hahaha!

Also 12 pounder "Bob" cat (top cat in picture here) rules over 60 pound 100-mile-an-hour "Missy" dog so the pecking order around here is pretty funny too! :p

Thanks for the update.
    Cassie Posts: 150, Reputation: 46

Jun 30, 2006, 07:02 AM
    A friend of mine works for a vet and she said the same thing. Just keep it clean and check for infection and keep being the good "kitty doc" that you are. Lucky Kitty.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 30, 2006, 07:04 AM
    That makes me feel so much better. We think that the person who abandon her ran over her tail and it broke and died. She has no feeling in it what so ever as far as where it was broken and I think she's just as happy now if not more so than when it was there. I figured they would just tell me to keep an eye on it. I can't see spending the money for something that I already know to do... As far as pecking order around here. As long as I'm the alpha they can decide from there. Lol. I don't want any nonsense from them though... I actually will growl at my cats and they know they are messing up. They run. I have never harmed them in any way shape or form, with the exception of stepping on a tail in the middle of the night. They however think it's OK to scratch me when they need to get a grip to get up somewhere... They don't do it as often and def not intentionally now... We have named her little bit. Cause all she needed was a little bit of love, now it's cause she lost a little bit off the top... lol..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a chance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My question is this. I have met this guy that I truly like and I know he just got out of a relationship, he says he is not ready for one yet and he says am the one if he was ready. He called me all week and then we went on a date. I had mentioned it first but he brought it up again. Then a...

Second Chance Kitten. [ 8 Answers ]

Well the other night my mother in law was using our net connection to look up some vacation stuff. She was heading home and heard a crying cat. At first she thought it was the stray outdoor cat that I feed. When she realised that he hadn't climbed into her van she started to look around. Well...

Second chance [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have been in a relationship for the past ten years. We have run into problems. My exboyfriend feels that he gave most of the effort in this relationship. I didn't show him the love that he showed me. There was a lot of interference by family and friends. We were both young when we started...

A chance [ 3 Answers ]

I seem to have a problem when I meet a woman. I'm shy so it's difficult to come up with something to say, however when I do get nerve and initiate conversation I think things are going decent. We talk a little and they seem to like the person I am, they say things that give me the impresion they...

View more questions Search