Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tffnyjane Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Am I pregnant.unusual bleeding
    Hello... I am 24yrs old and very confused about my supposed last period (if it really was a period). About a week before my period was due I experienced what I take as spotting for around 2 days if that. I thought nothing of it just that it was weird. When I did get my period or what I thing was my period it only lasted for 2 1/2 days... and only enough to use the equivilence of a tampon a day!! This in not normal for me its normally 5 to 6 days with heavy flow until the last 2 days. I took a hpt and it came out negative. So no big deal. But its is now 4 days after my period and I am having brown discharge. I am confused on what is going on. I have been on the patch for 1 1/2 yrs and this has never happened before. Me and my hubby are wonder if we need to be concerned or possible pregnant with our 2 child. Ps... didn't experience any of this with our first.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2008, 12:42 PM

Brown discharge can be old blood. And it is normal (according to my dr.) it happens to me every month.

I would say that your periods are just changing. Mine use to be heavy for a full 7 days. Now, they are heavy for the first 3 days (heaviest on the third day) and then almost nothing for 4 days.

When was your last check up? If you are worried, contact your doctor.
    tffnyjane Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NowWhat View Post
    Brown discharge can be old blood. And it is normal (according to my dr.) it happens to me each and every month.

I would say that your periods are just changing. Mine use to be heavy for a full 7 days. Now, they are heavy for the first 3 days (heaviest on the third day) and then almost nothing for 4 days.

When was your last check up? If you are worried, contact your doctor.
    My last checkup (pap) was last april/may. But wanted some advice before I went into the dr again to find out its nothing. My period only lasted 2 almost 3 days with no heavy bleeding just spotting I guess you could say. Plus the spotting between periods is a little unnerving. But will try and make an apt soon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unusual heavy bleeding 4th day [ 3 Answers ]

My period alway's last 5 days. On the 3 and 4th day it's usually really light. I was wearing a tampon and the string broke. After I mannuelly removed it I noticed I'm bleeding really heavy and it's bright red. I'm also clotting which I don't normally do. Has anyone had anything like this happen to...

Am I pregnant. [ 3 Answers ]

I had intercourse on the first of June. I started my period 9 days early and had it for two days and light, until I ended my period after two days I didn't at all think I was pregnant. So I don't think I was getting myself worked up and had false symptoms. What do you think?

Unusual bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 30 year old woman and newly married.Usually my periods comes on time and never gave me a trouble.I got my last period on August 21st and it last for about 6-7 days.Then I had few intercourses with my husband and we never used any protection.Yesterday (2nd September)he ejaculated in me and...

View more questions Search