Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reschuppert Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 11:23 PM
    Cast iron plumbing
    I need to tap into a existing cast iron sewer line in my basement,what is the best way to do this
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 18, 2008, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by reschuppert View Post
    I need to tap into a existing cast iron sewer line in my basement,what is the best way to do this
    Make your cut with a set od ratchet cutters, (see image) or a Saws-All using a metal blade. You may then convert to PVC or stay with A No-Hub Cast iron wye or combination wye and eighth bend using No-Hub Clamps,(see image). What's your pleasure? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1959 Cast Iron plumbing [ 4 Answers ]

We are considering purchasing a home with cast iron plumbing lines - please advise as to hazards and fixes to remedy this outdated plumbing; also costs.

Cast iron plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 40 year old 1 story rental house built on slab where there are two toilets and one seems to be clogging up very often. I had rescue rooter come out to use a camera. He took the toilet off and stuck his camera down all the way to the sewage manhole. Nothing was broke and there wasn't...

Working with old cast iron plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove lead pipe from old cast iron with out destroying the cast iron? Also the best way to then connect pvc to cast iron.

Rotating Cast Iron Plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

1956 vintage house with cast iron plumbing has the washer pump out line through a typical P trap into a threaded connection on a 2 inch by 1.5 inch CI tee in a vertical run (up to a vent to roof, down into the slab and sewer system). Unfortunately, the tee branch points out into the laundry room...

View more questions Search