Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryuker89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 09:45 PM
    A sad break-up story and in need of guidance
    Me and my ex have been apart for about 2 weeks now and the past 2 weeks have been hell. We were together for about 4 years and we talked about everything such as marriage kids and are future together. We went out when I was 15 she was 14 and now I'm 19 and she is 18. I know I'm young but I love her so much and I want her back more than anything in the world.

1st week I cried and was so dead, I couldn't move I couldn't think I failed my test etc.
    The 2nd week I started going out with friends trying to get my mind off things.
    It is the 3rd week now and I went back to school and we started to talk today about random stuff. I avoided mentioning her boyfriend but when she brought him up I just said I'm glad for you and hope your happy. Then she brings up his friends saying how they treat her like a sister. She left me for a guy she met on a online video game and I'm guessing the reason why she fell for him was because he was more compasionite then I was. She tells me he treats her well and gives her so much compasion. I know on the very 1st day we started going out I was very compasionite with her and I guess as the years gone by she started to drift away from me. Now her new boyfriend gives her compassion and love. Most of my friends tell me I should get over her and move on since what she did was really cold and heartless on how she moved on soooo quickly and how she had someone waiting for her once we broke up. To me it seems that 4 years didn't mean anything to her and I feel like I wasted my life with her. I have no regrets because she was my 1st love and I'm sure ill find more but the thing is...

today I got her to tell me the truth in something... yesturday she told me she was removing some of our pictures together off photobucket and some on her shelves. But she left some hanging on the wall and she cried doing it. I don't no if she was telling the truth but I don't no if she was lieng.

today I talked to her 1 on 1 it was just us two alone in my car. We talked about personal stuff like how I was jealous and how I was such a downer to her. This is probably the main reasons she left me for another guy cause he was more compasionite with her.

Then I told her at least your 99% over me cause your already taking pictures down. Then she tells me not really I'm more of 96% and she is not completely over me. This tells me she has some small feelings left in for me. She tells me she cares as a friend but not as she used to. 96% seems a lot but is she really over me and do I even have a chance.

well anyway my question is.

is there a way I can win my ex girlfriend back my problem is only the guy she is with and I don't no how to bypass him she tells me she loves him and how he's amazing.

she only has seen him once in her life and so far they only kissed, but were never alone together since she told me about her day. She may be lieng or telling the truth I don't no but there only communication is through Myspace and that online video game.

I have only two advantages which is that I can see her anytime I want, I don't stalk her since I hardly talk to her now we only talk when we are in school.

and I can socialize with her.

I don't no what advantage her boyfriend has but all I know he just says the things she wants to hear and his friends are helping him with it as well by saying how she is improving his life.

in about 4 days it was going to be are 4 year anniversary together should I do anything special or should I just not do anything at all. She knows I still care for her and I no she is bottling up her emotions about me cause she doesn't want to get sucked in and just feel bad about what happened.

I need some help I miss her dearly and I would do anything to win her back

anyone have any idea or any advice on what I should do about this predicament I'm in.

I'm sorry this was long but I guess I just needed to talk to someone about this and need some magic words to help me get over her or help me win her back.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 06:50 AM

Here is my advice, and I am only telling you this because I have screwed up in the past and acted like a desperate and pathetic individual.

1. Act like a man. Do not do anything remotely close to trying to 'win' her back. She is not a prize. You really need to believe that. She is already talking to some dude she met on the internet man! Save your pride and let her 'win' you back if that is what you really want.

2. There is a reason you weren't as compassionate as you were when you two first met. People grow apart in relationships. As much as you would like to say you would change, you won't. Maybe you two get back together and everything is stellar for the first month, but BELIEVE ME, things will go right back down the toilet.

3. You need to realize the feelings you have are intensified by the fact that this is your first true love. Emotions cannot run your actions. That is no way to live. Take some time to get your head clear of all of the emotions you are feeling right now before you do something you will feel regretful about (or before you flat out embarrass yourself).

I know what you are going through. I am a bit older than you, but just lost my first love a couple of months ago. Don't think you are alone, and don't think you are the only one who has ever thought about 'winning' their ex back. Nothing has changed since you two broke up. NOTHING. Nothing will change if you two get back together. NOTHING. That is why you need to take some time to get your head straight and make yourself better. Not for her, but for you. My ex found another guy about three weeks after our break up (no, not over the internet thank God). It is hard to deal with, but it isn't the end of your life. If they can run off and find the first d-bag that has their arms open, then I don't want to have anything to do with them anyway. We are all here for you, but please, do not start acting desperate or doing anything remotely pathetic. Keep yourself pride! You will be all right, trust me. Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 18, 2008, 09:43 AM

Let her go! Why? Because thats what she wants to do, and you have to let her. First time break ups are so hard, so are seconds, thirds. It always sucks.
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Nov 18, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Dude, let her go. She met this guy online in a video game and left a four year relationship and is already 95% over you? Are you kidding me, don't let someone walk on you like that.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2008, 02:02 PM

I agree with everyone here. Let her go. Don't do anything for what would have been your 4 year anniversary. And stop talking to her. Also, the fact that you don't know if she is lying or telling you the truth about all this is a red flag. Either you don't trust her for some reason or she's given you reason not to trust her. I'd guess it would be the 2nd option since she's already with someone else. Who knows how long they'd been talking before you guys broke up? Maybe they weren't but for her to already be seeing someone would make me think that.

Don't look at this situation as you wasting your life either. See it for what it really is. People change throughout the years and you guys were together for quite a while starting at a young age. Life is about living and learning and that's exactly what you're doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long Story; Break Up, We Aren't Even Together [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. Sorry if it gets long. ;( It's kind of a rant. I'm 24, and a prude (as my friends used to call me). I never wanted to date in high school because I felt it would be a waste of time (those relationships rarely last). I focused on school...

Same old story---gf wants a break [ 19 Answers ]

Let me start by saying I have read a few posts on here and I think I can predict the jist of what you will all tell me. I was with a girl for 2.5 years and just moved in 6 months ago. She has seemed a little down for a couple months and told me she thought we may need a break. Prior to us...

Another Girlfriend wants to go on break story [ 17 Answers ]

My ex always says she loves me and cares about me. We have been together for about 10months, but we were friends for about a year before we started actually going out. Our relationship was great. She always expressed she is the happiest she has even been with me, I was the best boyfriend she ever...

Another Break Story [ 3 Answers ]

I guess there are a few of these out there already, but I might as well give mine, if nothing else because getting things written down seems to be therapeutic. My (ex?) and I have been together for about 3 years now, We are both 23 . The first year we went to the same college, before I transferred...

Another break-up story [ 1 Answers ]

I signed on to vent about this situation with my now ex-girlfriend, I felt like I needed some advice from people who have no idea who I am or the girl I used to be with. Here is the deal, we have been dating on and off for about three years and every time we have broken up it has been when I have...

View more questions Search